“The BEST ice cream!!”

Pinocchio's Original Italian Ice Cream
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: A Sanibel tradition since 1980,Pinocchio's is a landmark for islanders and visitors alike. All ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, custard, sorbet and sorbetto is made fresh daily in "Pinocchio's Lab" on premises from the finest & freshest ingredients. Family owned and operated, we serve 37 flavors of our 130+ repertoire daily. 10 Time Winner BEST of the ISLANDS BEST ICE CREAM including 2014, '14 BEST GELATO and '14 BEST FROZEN YOGURT, Nat'l Geographics Top 10 Best Ice Creams in Gulf Coast America and many more accolades from events, organizations and local food critics. We appreciate our Customers and consider Customer Satisfaction carefully. To our new Customers, Thank You for Coming In and Trying Our Signature Ice Creams. To our returning Customers, Welcome Home. Gustare! The Puma Family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been craving Sanibel Crunch ever since my first trip to Pinnochio's in May! It is SO GOOD! All their ice cream looks absolutely delicious, and the animal cracker on top was the perfect signature touch. Make sure you are attentive though - the staff knows how to move through a line and won't wait for you if you're not paying attention! Also, make sure you don't hold the door open. The shop is small, and I'm sure if the Florida heat was constantly let in they would have delicious puddles instead of scoops.
I can't wait to return to Pinnochio's next time I'm on the island!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,017)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The sea turtle concoction was very good. I wish there was a few more seats outside to enjoy the ice cream.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stumbled across this gem while riding bikes around the island. Who does not like an ice cream stop on a hot day? I tried the Dirty Sand Dollar and oh was it tasty! Before we hit the ice cream side, we paid a visit to the pastry counter. They are known for their famous Sanibel Blossom which is 3 croissants in one (chocolate, cheese and berry) We also tried this chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate pie thing. I wish I remembered the name because it was SO good. Just look for the most chocolate thing they have and that is it! Do not miss this place while you are in Sanibel!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This place has the best ice cream I have ever had. Their signature flavors, Dirty Sand Dollar and Sanibel Crunch are amazing! They are generous with their portions, and the place is always full! Once you go, you'll be hooked!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I bought a waffle cone and two dishes of ice cream. Half of the Italian ice cream fell out onto the counter and I showed the man working there expecting to get more since I was still at the counter. Instead he gave me a wet towel to clean it up!