This trip was bad from the start of checking in.I booked a room with two beds as I was traveling with my daughter. When I got there there were no rooms with 2 beds available. Since it was prepaid I asked him what he was going to do and he said he would give us two separate rooms. After agreeing to this we decided to go to dinner and when we returned we walked out to the beach which was very nice. While bringing our luggage to our separate rooms my daughter noticed a big bug lying on the floor with its feet still moving in one of the rooms. Decided we would have to share the bed in the other room since we were both sooo tired from diving for the last 12 hours. My daughter went to use the bathroom and the toilet wouldn't flush. We tried fixing it ourselves for about 10 ten minutes but to no avail. I got dressed again and we walked down to the desk and told him about the bug in the one room and the toilet in the other and all he had to say was that there was no one there to fix it. So now we were down to 0 rooms. I asked again what he was going to do about it and he said he had no more rooms but would call another one of the motels in his chain. After 2 calls they said they had one room left and the price was $159.00. Well I booked my room for $109.00 and a asked him if he was going to give me that room for the same price and he said no!! So we went back to the room and while calling the Holiday Inn to book a room (at 10:00 pm.)the toilet started working. It needed about 20 minutes to fill up I guess. I usually only write about good experiences on trips but this was definitely not one of them. Very disappointed on such a pretty island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Beach Inn includes forty-six guestrooms and suites nestled on 4.5 acres of tropical Sanibel Island. Our 360 feet of beach along the Gulf of Mexico offers beautiful shells, tranquil sunsets and pristine sand. Relax by the pool with the Gulf of Mexico across the horizon.Each morning prepare for an activity filled day with a complimentary Continental breakfast, with an assortment of fresh fruit and breakfast breads. Play a set of tennis or ride a complimentary bicycle and explore the 23 miles of bike paths throughout Sanibel Island. Play a friendly game of volleyball with the beach just within view. Two shuffleboard courts await a challenging game near the picnic area. The resort offers two gas grills and picnic tables-perfect for a family dinner out under the graceful palms. Whether relaxation or fun filled activities are in your vacation plans, The Sunset Beach Inn provides the perfect beach getaway for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Sunset Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Hotel