When we checked into the Seaside Inn the man behind the counter was VERY helpful. We let him know it was our first time at the island and he gave us a map and recommended some places for us to visit. He also told us about the complimentary bikes the hotel allows guest to use, which we then used the rest of the time we stayed there. Very convenient.
But to be honest, at $300/night (with taxes), I expected a bit more of the Seaside Inn. The room was clean, but smallish with two full-size beds (though I requested one king). The "kitchenette" with sink, mini-fridge and dishes were nice, but very small. It was just my DH and me, and I cannot imagine staying in this room with two other people. There would be no room for suitcases and clothes and whatnot. The room was that small. Oh, and the phone didn't work. We told the people at the front counter but nothing was done to repair it. (We didn't really care, as we use our cell phones.)
But what a location. It's situated right on the beach and you can see the water of the Gulf of Mexico from virtually any room's balcony. This balcony also overlooked a (small!) pool and another set of units, which in my mind looked like trailer homes that the Seaside also owns. (My husband told me they're not trailer homes but "manufactured homes." Whatever. I didn't expect the view from my room to include trailer homes or whatever for $300/night.) And the pool? Well, if you're up early enough you just might get a lounge chair. People were getting up and staking out their chairs with towels early in the morning, planning to return 5-7 hours later to actually use the chairs. Irritating? You bet. You'd think the employees would say something to these people. But no. I got the impression this was standard practice.
Also, the free wi-fi is spotty, at best. It's just slow enough to be irritating, and I was constantly losing the signal. My husband's laptop had the same problem.
Everything in Sanibel is pricey, so maybe I'm expecting too much from the Seaside Inn for $300/night. All I know is I don't plan to go back to either the hotel or the island. It's too much money for what you get, IMO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seaside Inn invites you to rediscover the charm of a quaint beachfront inn on beautiful Sanibel Island where life’s pace is slower. Unwind by the pool or enjoy a day at the beach looking for shells or soaking up the sun. Seaside Inn offers personalized service along with 32 newly renovated guestrooms, suites and cottages with interiors inspired by the sun bleached sand beyond the dune. Each guestroom and suite is furnished with a comfortable king or queen beds with views of the pool or beach. The cottages offer a separate living area with a new sleeper sofa, full kitchen and one bedroom with a king bed. Each cottage has a deck just off the living area to enjoy the Florida sun with family while overlooking the pool. Each day a complimentary continental breakfast basket is delivered to the rooms for the next morning’s enjoyment. While on Sanibel enjoy the wide variety of outdoor adventures. Spend time exploring the 23 miles of paved nature trails that wind through the wetlands with one of the bikes provided by Seaside Inn. Visit the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge to view a wide variety of migratory birds and explore an unspoiled mangrove ecosystem. For more active play, Sanibel Island offers 18 holes of golf on 75 acres of natural lake view fairways and Audubon Cooperative Society wetlands at the Dunes Golf & Tennis Club. For play and relaxation, let Seaside Inn welcome you to the pace of island living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seaside Inn Sanibel Island
- Seaside Sanibel Island