“Great time!!”
Review of Seaside Inn

Seaside Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We found this place when we were driving down the coast. We had a fantastic time. The room was great as was all the staff. I was able to fish off the beach and my girlfriend was shelling and taking in the sun. Heading back in March.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Carolinnlinn

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Visited Sabibel Island over the Christmas period and was impressed. The island is very pretty with Captiva being even prettier. Plenty of restaurants to eat at but best to eat early.

This hotel has a nice pool which goes from shallow to very deep (best to keep an eye on the kids). It has direct beach access and miles of lovely beach walks as a result.

Rooms are adequate if a bit tired from the battering from the sun and win but overall good quality. I would say the best rooms are the beachfront ones.

Downsides to the hotel are that it is not on the side of the island for the best sunsets due to the way it faces. You need to go to the top of the island for that. Also we were a little surprised that there were plastic bags left in the garden and under the steps to our room, would not have taken much to pick these up.

You get a complimentary breakfast which is generally boiled eggs and some packaged muffins and bread. Better to go to the restaurants in the middle of the island where there is better choice, these are a little drive away.

Other hotels have tennis courts round here so if you want that you are better off elsewhere but overall a good experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Seaside Inn during our Christamas and New Year period and had a fantastic time. The hotel staff were exeptionally helpful and friendly and they bent over backwards to help with all our needs. We were with our two young children and we would really reccomend this hotel as a fabouls family destination (everything from collecting shells from the unspoiled beach, to the swimming pool, to the free bikes available to all guests). The room was well furnished, comfortable and clean. The breakfast basket was always well stocked although we would often buy our own food. We had a pool facing room with partial ocean view and the overall atmoshpere was quiet and relaxed helped by temperatures that were in their high 70s for most of our stay! Thank you Seaside Inn for a wonderful holiday. 5star reccomendation!

Room Tip: If you can get the ocean view well worth paying the extra
1  Thank Elisabetta Nini B
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The property is located right on the beach with a pool. Clean rooms with friendly service. Breakfast basket is awesome and convenient breakfast in bed or on the large balcony facing the ocean. Staff is friendly and helpful. I would go back there every time we are in this area.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just got back from here the week "before" Christmas!. I give this hotel an average rating , but all in all we enjoyed ourselves. First, its in a great location for me, close to beach is always my first choice. It was easy to get in and out of , short drive to Periwinkle Way. And thank goodness for the cops that direct the traffic at that intersection though! We arrived at Seaside about 3 am due to many delayed flights into Ft. Myers. When we arrived there finally , we had to go down the street to pick up our key , I guess it was where the property is managed. The room type I reserved was a Queen room since there was just two of us. However it did have a sleeper sofa and a trundle bed, both in the living room. The actual bedroom was small, and so was the bathroom, which is why I would not recommend this room type for more than two persons. The living room, dining room area was spacious. It had a very nice large flat screen tv. It was room 108, which seemed almost cottage-like, no one upstairs, but someone next door, with a divided shared porch. It was a straight walk out to the beach, this room was in the front of the property, I was able to park in front of my room.
The beach was perfection and so was the fact that they had a row of several chairs and umbrellas that they put out daily. They had a small area for beach towels supplied daily and books to read if wanted. Its located right by the laundry in the middle of the complex. They also have 2 outdoor grills people can use, its also got a seashell rinsing sink with a hose right there, but I never figured out how to get the water on, I tried several times. The pool was very large, looked inviting and it was heated, goes up to 8 1/2 feet! Back to the rooms, this place in the cottage type rooms you can tell have been here awhile, ours was updated in the living room and bathroom, nice but small! The tiles in hallway were sloped and creeking, and the a/c is right by the bedroom , it was loud but only when it came on and went off. The kitchen is in the front by the entrance. full kitchen for cooking if you wanted. Fully stocked with everything except sharp knives for cutting anything, You could possibly request??It had Coffee-maker too. The breakfast baskets are a nice touch, filled with pastries, coffee, bagels, cream cheese, fruit cups, tea, and hard-boiled eggs! Seriously loved this!
Out front of the office is a row of bikes to take and ride, I think one reviewer mentioned they were old and rusty,. Well, yes they were, but they were still very much usable. Enjoyed them all day one day. Another reviewer or several also mentioned how "friendly" the front desk was. I have no idea what they were talking about. We went in there the middle of the next day that we came in so very late, and I found the girl to be quite stand offish and not very helpful at all. I believe she only wanted to make sure I gave her my credit card number! We ended up asking our vacation company to book another nite, because our flights just kept getting messed up (Ugh United, never again!) No mention of that or welcome or hows your stay or glad your staying another day or even a smile! My point was that she was out of place for this "friendly" seaside Inn and she stressed me out a bit actually. But I made sure I got over her when we happened upon our new fav restaurant, Sanibel Fish House.Its on Periwinkle way on the southside I believe. By day a really great rum drink, happy hour with amazing crab cakes and fresh peel and eat shrimp deals! Go inside and make a left for that and a right for evening. By night an amazing dinner with great food and service! Loved, loved, ate there twice. My other fav is the Island Cow Rest., perfect eat outside for lunch or dinner, I've only had lunches there. Seriously eat outside though! Great menu lots of choices,. Love!
Overall, I might stay at the Seaside Inn again, I dont usually stay at a place Ive stayed before because Im in search of the perfect place. But I would maybe book a cottage closer to the sea if I did stay here again. Its a relaxing place, easy,.The little maid who is from St. Lucia is so very nice and so was the grounds keeper, maintenance guy.Very nice to run into upon our walks to the beach.
Sanibel, I've said it before is one of our fav places. So we will be returning to Sanibel again very soon, I hope.

Room Tip: A cottage type would be my choice. One with no one upstairs from you. They also have a more private...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjtravelgirl
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I just spent a very pleasant and relaxing week at the Seaside Inn. We chose this hotel when another hotel could not guarantee us a room with two beds, in spite of reserving months ahead of time. Don't expect luxury at the Seaside, but rather an old Florida atmosphere in a great location. Beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, free bikes all make this a place we will visit again. Request a gult view room. The private balcony is worth the extra $$.

Room Tip: Second floor gulf view rooms have private balconies and are worth the extra $$$.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TechProf
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a relaxing, comfortable base from which to hunt sea shells.
Family recommended the Seaside Inn and we couldn't be happier with our decision to
stay here! The rooms were comfortable and clean and though we didn't try the pool, it
really looked inviting. We have already recommended the Seaside Inn to other family members!
The staff was very accommodating as far as giving us a first floor room due to bad knees.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget go for the poolside rooms. If you just have to have a water view then pop f...
1  Thank woodcarvingken