“Perfect Place”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Dallas, PA
“Perfect Place”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

A trip to Sanibel was on my "bucket list". My husband and I went last week and stayed at the Seaside Inn. What a perfect, quiet place to spend a few days. We loved the "breakfast basket", brought over the night before. And, the distance to the beach - wow! We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pookie93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My family and I had booked the room (3 bedroom) and were going to arrive late in the evening. We get there and the nice gentleman lets us know that the room was full of bugs and we couldn't get the room. It is 11PM and at this time there is nothing open but Sanibel Inn was holding a room for us. SO we get there and the phone is ringing and ringing and ringing and noone in site. My family and myself is exhausted and irritated with this whole situation. After banging on the employee door and speaking to another guest about their experience ( who was also waiting to be helped) a tall brown haired girl shows up and sports her little attitude. No compassion for what neither one of us (guests and families) have gone thru. She tells me to just sign my name but before I did that I asked her how many rooms it was, cause i needed a 2 or 3 bedroom suite or something of the sort. She tells me its only a 1 bedroom. SORRY THATS NOT WHAT I WANTED!!! SO I walked out. It would have been respectful to get a call from Seaside and maybe a little friendliness and compassion from SAnibel Inn. We spent the rest of the night looking for a place to stay which was unsuccessful. Id rather sleep in my car than stay at Sanibel Inn. THANKS

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank renee4fun
Kingery82, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such a candid review of your arrival and check-in experience at Seaside and Sanibel Inn. The experience you described falls far short of the manner in which we strive to treat our guests and for that, I sincerely apologize. Havng researched the situation at both resorts, I would like to speak with you directly, both to assure you that actions have been taken to address your experience and to do everything possible to repair your relationship with us. I can be reached at 239-472-4273 or, if email is better, llogan@luxuryresorts.com

Linda Logan
Resort Manager
Missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We read reviews and decided it would work for my family.
1. We are campers by nature and never expect a lot, so we knew it would take a lot for us to be dissapointed. If you go looking for a 5 star resort, you will not be happy. This is a laid back, take it as it comes type of place. We would return again, but use our own advice!

PROS:
**Very close to beach. No place in this beachside inn is far away from the beach. Very close and worked great for my kids (14 & 17) to come and go from beach to pool to ocean to room and anytime during day by themselves.
**Management (office personal) very friendly and more than happy to help you out. Gave us good advice about picking up cheap styrofoam cooler for drinks to save room in fridge for food we purchased. When I didn't get extra pillows and mentioned it to them again, they called me twice to follow up and make sure I had recieved them.
** Yes, walls are thin and could be a problem if you had noisy neighbors, I just loudly said one day LOUDLY near the wall that I HATED HOW THIN THE WALLS WERE AND YOU COULD HEAR EVERYTHING. LOL. It was much better after that. :)
**Peaceful area of beach !! From 8-10am there were so few people around but 1/2m down beach you could see gobbs of people.
** Great Pool.....4 ft to 8.5ft deep. Be sure to check out the osprey that eats twice a day on the topless palm tree by the pool. He carries his fish to topless tree and eats lunch and dinner there.
** Free bike rental....bikes pretty worm but worth the price!!

They hand you a small catalog/newspaper Dining Guide ....great piece of info w/ $ and menus.

CONS:
** The sheets are not changed daily! With the sand, I'd of thought they would have been. You must request for them to be done every couple of days or whatever if you want them done!! They were happy to accomidate when I mentioned it....Due to water/ecomony/yada yada, I was fine w/ every 2 days but you do need to talk to office. The maid mopped, cleaned floors would leave extra towls, but never touched bathroom countertops (we were strung out all over , so was ok by me, but was surprised because normally they do wipe down sink/faucets. Do not expect great housekeeping.
**Carpet is stained, but honestly, with being on the beach there is no way to keep it clean ( we tried our best but I'm sure we left some stains ourselves.

** You must lock back sliding door when you leave due to the back patio deck being shared with all others on your floor. We locked stuff in small room safe and kept door unlocked so we could run in and out back door with no room keys. We had NOTHING worth taking.
ADVICE::: 1. Purchase food at Publix off island just before causeway it will save you A LOT of money. Food VERY expensive and was great having soups/veggies/sandwhich /pj&j/chips/drinks,cereal/milk, microwave popcorn, etc whenever we wanted. We only ate out about 4 times in 8 days. They have a breakfast basket which was great to snack on. Thawed out bagels (which I LOVED!), orange juice, muffns or danish. Most sit down meals would have cost my family of 4 $85.-90.00 .

2. Go to post office (one on island fine) pick up FREE box for the flat rate shipping. 2 sizes available . We filled the smaller box with shells, then shipped it home for a flat rate of 10.50 . It was so worth it because it was 40# of shells. Couldn't of had them on airline.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Pixie_Missouri
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed June 17, 2011

First visit to Sanibel,our 25th anniversary, found the Seaside online, always worry that the photos don't match up to reality, but were pleasently surprised, what a great place, not fancy, but very comfortable(especially the king bed), clean and friendly. Good views easy beach access with umbrellas and chairs set up in the morning for the guest.
We stayed in one of the seaside cottages, full kitchen, living room and private deck.
Already planning a winter trip back with the kids this time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cook413
London, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was our second trip here, first was in 2008. Liked it then so we came back, unfortunately during memorial day period. Too crowded on the beach and too many kids. The beach is a bit scruffy and not level, being in a natural condition. We had a room with porch right on the beach, which was a pleasure. Internet ok, except when some kid in the next room disconnected the electric plug for the repeater, and suddenly we had almost none. The only real issue that I had with this place was the parking, which is very tight for larger cars.We spent a week here and liked it, especially after it thinned out after the holiday. We recommend this place to you. Try Jerry's Restaurant for your suppers. We were there four evenings in the week.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank michaelbyrns
Hialeah, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I recommend this hotel highly to anyone that wants a quick get away! We stayed in one of the 1 bedroom cottages and felt right at home. They have a wonderful breakfast basket that was refilled everyday. The beach is part of the property maybe two minutes away from the cottage. The staff is extremely friendly. The cottage and its' amenities are kept up to date.
It is a perfect getaway to relax, walk on the beach and collect the many sea shells that wash up on the beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R0sed
Tioga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 18, 2011

While reading reviews before I left, I was a little worried. Well, I was very surprised. It was small, and not fancy, but that made it quiet, neat, and allowed the limited staff to work their wonders. While it is true that there are some minor problems with aesthetics, the staff handled any problems as fast as I could report them, and they were minor. TV channels not working properly, breakfast basket missing, rug needing to be shampooed, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers wishing quiet time and full beach access. My cottage was right next to the beach, and I enjoyed sitting on my deck watching the sunrise and sunset. It wasn't the biggest and the best, but all that you needed was there and that was great for me. If you are looking for loud music, children s activities, etc. then this is not for you.

Room Tip: Cottages and suites have the best view.