I had read Trip Advisor's reviews of Sundial which referenced a work down appearance and discussed my concerns with my travel agent. She then talked to this resort who assured her that apartments had been remodeled due to feedback like this.
So we signed on. We paid a lot of money per day for an apartment with soiled and worn furniture. The apartment was clean but smelled of clorox which was not very appealing.
Our travel agent believed while we were not directly on the beach that we would have a water view. We looked out a a solid wall of a building in front of us.
Out dinner the first evening was mediocre and the service was non-existant. By the time we were served at 9 Pm, we were the last people in the restaurant. I had a pasta with mixed sea food, which in reality had only pieces of one kind of fish. When I questioned what I had received, the server went away and somewhat later return with two very small shrimp to add to my dish.
We celebrated our anniversary while there and our son tried to have a bottle of wine delivered to us as a surprise. He got the run around for a while, and finally gave up.
We did not use the beach or pool facilities. We had not come for these amenities so i cannot really comment on them. The resort is directly on the water.
if you have a big family and are coming for sun and fun, this may be fine, but if you are accustomed to some quality of service and a nicer apartment, I would look elsewhere. We will certainly not be back.
The people at reception were courteous and informative, but could do nothing about our accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most luxurious resort has completed a multi-million dollar renovation. Voted "BEST FULL SERVICE RESORT ON THE ISLANDS" and "BEST STAYCATION IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA" for four years in a row, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand between your toes, take a refreshing swim in the blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities and amenities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, HydroGrid tennis courts, cabanas, kayaks, paddle boards, bike tours, golf, organized activities, a marketplace, spa and sea school. One,two and three bedroom residences feature options for views with the conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's world-renowned, pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. Voted Best Waterfront Dining in Southwest Florida, the resort's award winning restaurants offer indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selections. Look forward to an authentic experience as your dinner is artfully prepared right before your eyes at Shima Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, the area's only Japanese steakhouse. Sea Breeze Cafe offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair over looking the Gulf of Mexico. Sundial's tiki-style poolside eatery, Turtle's Pool & Beach Bar, serves up delicious signature drinks at the bar and family-friendly patio. Slice of Paradice provides the perfect poolside venue for tasty treats such as pizza, ice-cream, hotdogs and salads- perfect for beach-goers and sunset strollers. A daily resort fee includes the use of beach umbrellas and chairs, beach towels, kayaks, paddleboards, bicycles, beach volleyball, fitness center, wifi, organized activities and tennis court access. In addition to being voted Best Full Service Resort and Best Staycation, the resort has been regionally recognized for Best Event Facilities, Best Chef, Best Server, Best Happy Hour, Best New Restaurant, Best Sushi, Best Tiki Bar, Best Waterfront Dining and Best Tennis on the Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island