Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$259
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$239
$229
Sunset Beach Inn
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$249
$225
Orbitz.com
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$347
$249
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
$319
$290
Hotels.com
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$131
$118
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

Kona Kai Motel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$109
Castaways Cottages of Sanibel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
2,752 results
All reviewsmain poolmain buildingpaddle boardsping pongbedroom condofamily vacationfull kitchenspring breakpool bargulf viewgreat vacationgrocery storechairs and umbrellasocean frontbike rentalsfree bikesan umbrella
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a wonderful
stay at the sundial resort. We had a beautiful one bedroom suite. Played tennis on the clay courts daily.
The location was beautiful and the use of the bicycles and kayaks were a bonus.
The people at the front desk were very helpful with a room change.we only at the pool restaurant and the food was very good. The bartenders could be a bit more friendly as well as some of the bike/kayak/umbrella staff. Otherwise it was a beautiful trip and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank bhirten
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Easy to find. Easy check-in. Seriously, the front desk person couldn't have been more helpful. Signage outside for the front desk sucks - go up the ramp and you're there but all the signs point you to a bar in the back at the pool.

The rooms are very nice, but show some maintenance issues. Little bits of grunge in the corners of the bathrooms and screened porch. The porch needs to be power washed more often. The sheets had some stains, but on the edges, not in the middle, so no big deal.

Really like the tile work in the bathrooms and floors. However there is a downside - the floors above you are also tile. If you get kids running around or people who are loud talkers or heavy walkers, well, it makes for a very noisy night for you. Carpeting would help absorb that some, or some good soundproofing.

WiFi is free and doesn't require a password. However, it's spotty at best. I couldn't stream Netflix or Amazon either night I was there. During the day it was a little better, but at night, forget about it.

Easy access to the beach. Good pool. Adequate parking. Housekeeping was lackluster and probably understaffed. Full kitchen with dishwasher!!

Bike rentals and kayak rentals are included with your room charge, which is really nice. It's easier to get around on a bike than in a car for the most part. It was foggy so we couldn't do the kayaks, but still a neat amenity. The fitness room is good but not spectacular. Of course, I never saw another person in it.

Overall, a typical beach resort, but for Sanibel prices I expect better WiFi and soundproofing. However, the staff does a good job and the amenities being all inclusive counts for an extra star.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel34373
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My son and I have visited Sundial 10 times in 12 year, as my son finds it easier to vacation in familiar surroundings and loves the shells. So we keep coming back despite all the issues we've had over the years. Most issues involve the rooms- they are still individually owned, so it is hit or miss whether you will get an updated one, and this is frustrating.

There was a bit of a hitch in getting the room I'd been promised when I booked (and paid in full) 5 months in advance with Marina, but Laurie at the front desk went above and beyond and gave us a really nice upgrade. Thank you!

The lobby and restaurant area upgrades look nice, but there really needs to be a sundries/gift shop- when we originally stayed years ago there was a great shop, with pool toys and all that kind of resorty stuff, but then it turned into a limited merchandise wine and cheese/deli shop, not so useful, and as of late it's just an empty closed off area. Any bigger hotel/resort absolutely needs someplace to get sunscreen/sunburn stuff, aspirin, pop or munchies..no excuse for that not being being open.

Also, to advertise your new name that includes the word "Spa", and then not have one, a year later, is also unacceptable. Not fair for people to have to read the fine print on your website to know it's not even open...

On the good side, happy hour was great, drinks were fantastic! Food was fine. They do seem to have improved their service, and we found everyone very pleasant and helpful, and Sundial has a real gem in Jean down at the rec desk, I have seen him for 7 years now, and he is awesome- nice to see that familiar face and you know he knows what's going on, as opposed to some of the new folks. Oh, and there were Mermaids at the pool!That was a fun touch.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank derbydiva428
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I spent 4 nights at the Sundial in mid February 2014, and the experience was good to very good. My one-bedroom apartment included a full kitchen, a cloths washer/dryer, and screened-in lanai, and a generous king-sized bed. The room, including the bath, was very clean and well maintained by the maid throughout my stay. In terms of the resort, it's certainly not a full-service resort (e.g., no gift shop, no 'spa' other than one hot tub, etc.), but it has a good location on Sanibel proximate to many restaurants and attractions, and the grounds are very well kept. The resort personnel were generally pleasant, although at times the attendant dispensing the towels acted like she was doing you a favor. I got a good price on the room by booking early, so overall, the experience was positive and I would recommend the Sundial to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I live on the Island and had guests so we decided to go to lunch at the Sundial which has recently been refurbished. We entered and no one was in the restaurant patio. We asked the employee there if we could have a place in the shade. (We had 5 people in our party). She said I can't move a table...I am not allowed. Her boss showed up and repeated that statement. Two of us were quit sun sensitive and we all wanted to set at the same table. I repeat...there was NO customers in the restaurant. We said "fine" and left and went down the road a mile to Thistle Lodge where we had a wonderful shady outside table.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends