We spent a week at the Sundial over the fourth of July. The reviews I had read about housekeeping problems did prove to be true. They seemed to show up late afternoon everyday just as we were returning from the beach and everyone was showering. We would just have them leave clean towels, take the trash and leave. Our last day there they never showed up. We took our trash to the bins by the elevators and when we checked out the next day the same trash cans by the elevators had not been emptied, the bags of garbage where piled high. I had called the front desk to ask them to empty it the night before and they said they would be right up to empty it. Our unit in the "A" building had these tiny little ants in the kitchens, we kept all of our food in the frig.
The staff was very nice. My only complaint would be that on our second day we decided to buy the amenities package. The girl at the front desk tried to charge us $30 per person/per day. She was corrected by the other girl...it's $30 per day/per unit. We have been coming to the Sundial for 8 years-this fee is a good deal if you use all of the inclusions. For the three of us, all we use are the towels and beach chairs.
We had 2 dinners at the restaurant and the meals were excellent. Mike at the bar was helpful and provided great service.
I'm sure we return next year. We love Sanibel Island, and I'm sure the Sundial will take care of the housekeeping issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most luxurious resort has completed a multi-million dollar renovation. Voted "BEST FULL SERVICE RESORT ON THE ISLANDS" and "BEST STAYCATION IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA" for four years in a row, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand between your toes, take a refreshing swim in the blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities and amenities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, HydroGrid tennis courts, 12 new pickleball courts,cabanas, kayaks, paddle boards, bike tours, golf, organized activities, a marketplace, spa and sea school. One,two and three bedroom residences feature options for views with the conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's world-renowned, pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. Voted Best Waterfront Dining in Southwest Florida, the resort's award winning restaurants offer indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selections. Look forward to an authentic experience as your dinner is artfully prepared right before your eyes at Shima Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, the area's only Japanese steakhouse. Shima's Grab N Go provides take out sushi for those on the go. Sea Breeze Cafe offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair over looking the Gulf of Mexico. Sundial's tiki-style poolside eatery, Turtle's Pool & Beach Bar, serves up delicious signature drinks at the bar and family-friendly patio. Slice of Paradice provides the perfect poolside venue for tasty treats such as pizza, ice-cream, hotdogs and salads- perfect for beach-goers and sunset strollers. A daily resort fee includes the use of beach umbrellas and chairs, beach towels, kayaks, paddleboards, bicycles, beach volleyball, fitness center, wifi, organized activities and tennis & pickleball court access. In addition to being voted Best Full Service Resort and Best Staycation, the resort has been regionally recognized for Best Event Facilities, Best Chef, Best Server, Best Happy Hour, Best New Restaurant, Best Sushi, Best Tiki Bar, Best Waterfront Dining and Best Tennis on the Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island