We have been staying here on and off for the past few years. Lately, we have stayed 4 consecutive years. Last year was fair at best due to construction near our condo, but they did compensate us for our troubles. This year, however, was great, and back to our expectation levels of the past.
We had a great Grand Beachfront Condo.
This was primarily due to Tiffani who took it upon herself to insure we had a great stay from beginning to end. I may add that Shirley was great as well.
The Sundial is under new management and we hope all the proposed changes will be positive and family oriented. My grandchildren always love the Sea Shell slide and we heard that is going to be replaced or
The Sundial is a great location for going to the ocean and spending time in or at the pool. It is located perfectly to get to the grocery store, shopping, or what ever you choose to do on the island.
Update the property, but don't change too much.
My only suggestion this time was that the housekeeping was a little erratic. We had to call for supplies on a few occassions, but we always had a quick response and it was resolved. The bikes are in need of some TLC as well.
We love the place and feel at home as soon as we arrive. I am hoping this does not change with the new management.
See you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel Island's most luxurious resort has completed a multi-million dollar renovation. Voted "BEST FULL SERVICE RESORT ON THE ISLANDS" and "BEST STAYCATION IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA" for four years in a row, Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is the centerpiece of this unique barrier island off the southwest coast of Florida. Sanibel is two-thirds nature preserve providing visitors with an experience of Florida the way it used to be. Sanibel Island is a natural playground where you can feel the white sand between your toes, take a refreshing swim in the blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico or one of Sundial's pools and bike the miles of paved paths around the island. The Resort offers a wide array of activities and amenities for all ages including swimming in 5 heated pools, HydroGrid tennis courts, cabanas, kayaks, paddle boards, bike tours, golf, organized activities, a marketplace, spa and sea school. One,two and three bedroom residences feature options for views with the conveniences of home in a tranquil, tropical setting. These Residences offer a full kitchen with housewares, living/dining area, full baths and ample space that is ideal for couples or larger families. Best of all, Sanibel's world-renowned, pristine shell-dotted beaches are just steps away. Voted Best Waterfront Dining in Southwest Florida, the resort's award winning restaurants offer indoor and outdoor dining options and delicious menu selections. Look forward to an authentic experience as your dinner is artfully prepared right before your eyes at Shima Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar, the area's only Japanese steakhouse. Sea Breeze Cafe offers casual dining and local, fresh ingredients with a true Sanibel Island tropical flair over looking the Gulf of Mexico. Sundial's tiki-style poolside eatery, Turtle's Pool & Beach Bar, serves up delicious signature drinks at the bar and family-friendly patio. Slice of Paradice provides the perfect poolside venue for tasty treats such as pizza, ice-cream, hotdogs and salads- perfect for beach-goers and sunset strollers. A daily resort fee includes the use of beach umbrellas and chairs, beach towels, kayaks, paddleboards, bicycles, beach volleyball, fitness center, wifi, organized activities and tennis court access. In addition to being voted Best Full Service Resort and Best Staycation, the resort has been regionally recognized for Best Event Facilities, Best Chef, Best Server, Best Happy Hour, Best New Restaurant, Best Sushi, Best Tiki Bar, Best Waterfront Dining and Best Tennis on the Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sundial Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Beach And Golf Resort
- Sundial Beach & Golf Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sundial Beach Hotel
- Sundial Beach Resort
- Sundial Beach Sanibel Island
- Sundial Sanibel Island