“Very peaceful and relaxing and fairly close to the beach”
Review of Parrot Nest

Parrot Nest
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Baltimore, MD
“Very peaceful and relaxing and fairly close to the beach”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

My spouse and I and another couple stayed here for 3 nights to unwind after our week in Key West. We loved the Parrot Nest - it was a great way to spend the last few days of our vacation. I really wish it had a pool, though. This was our first time in Sanibel so we really didn't know what to expect. Although I really enjoyed our stay here, and the walk to the beach was only a little over a quarter of a mile, next time I think we'll look for a place that is closer to the beach and has a view of the gulf, as well as a pool. I know it will be more expensive, but for me the whole reason to visit Sanibel is the beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jayvjay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
St. Petersburg
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Finally..., we found a place for our romantic and peaceful getaways. We were referred by another couple who told us about the "Parrot Nest" and we just had to see it for ourselves! If you love the beach and sun, you will love this Island getaway. With only 5 min walk to the beach and 4 min walk to the Intercoastal, you can't help feeling like a "native islander". Go fishing, swimming, and sunning or just hang-out in a two-person hammock under the trees. The rooms were spacious and clean and the service was excellent. You cannot go wrong choosing this cozy little getaway. Ask for mama parrot. Tell her Vickie & Ted sent you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Parrot Nest in Sanibel, Florida is our home away from home. This is our second time here and we thoroughly enjoy being here. Not only will you find Brenda "the Head Parrot" and Lenny friendly and helpful, but you will feel like you've known them forever. We were warmly received and greeted the first time we came and this trip was no exception. The rooms are very clean and decorated very cheerful. It's quiet and secluded, your own little slice of paradise. Beautiful grounds and new upgrades such as the "mini" miniature golf course, hammock to relax in, place around the fire pit to cook on grills and relax. We are thrilled to know each year when we return it will be a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AngelC1970
Hillerod, Denmark
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Parrot Nest is a wonderfull, quiet place. I had my own cottage and I loved it! Cosy room, lovely bed, nice surroundings. Brenda and Lenny are extremely friendly. You can't help loving Brenda from the moment you get in touch with her! The hotel is located in the quiet end of Sanibel Island. Close to the beach. The hotel offers towels, beach chairs, sun lotion, beach toy - everything you need for a day on the beach. Take the bike and have a ride to the beach, the lighthouse and the wonderfull pier where people of all ages spend the day fishing - very nice atmosphere. Absolutely recommendable!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Bath, Maine
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I wanted a quiet, small, place to rest. The Parrot Nest fit the bill. I work in a high school and didn't want a crush of teenagers on their spring break running around and jumping in the pool. I didn't even want a pool as I planned to spend time at the beach.
The Parrot Nest was great. I could walk to either side of the island in five minutes with a Parrot Nest beach chair The rooms come with a kitchenette so I could have "breakfast in" and walk right around the corner to pick up a cup of coffee.
The Parrot Nest would be ideal for a couple with small children because it doesn't have a pressure of a pool.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My fiance had been working for a few months in SoBe in Miami, and needed to escape the hustle-bustle as I was visiting him for the 3-day Memorial Day weekend... We booked last minute a room at the Parrot Nest and I'm still in awe at how lucky we were to find a vacancy there... I'm still torn between talking about it, or not...It's so pretty and wonderfully quiet there! But the reviews on Trip Advisor really helped me, so I want to help whomever may be in my position next.

It's very simple...If you can get a room there, BOOK IT NOW instead of wasting time reading a dozen wonderful reviews. I remember this one negative one saying that the towels and sheets were not changed every day..Big deal! Do you change linens every day at your house? Does being on vaca away from home allow you to to suddenly pollute the earth more? Of course not!

Instead, you come to the Parrot Nest, already reassured because you've read all those wonderful reviews online about it, and you've probably talked to Brenda, either via email or over the phone, and you know it's going to be just fine. You can tell when people are phoney; she's not!

The rooms are perfect, very clean, simple, tastefully decorated. The bed was oh so comfy (I had never tried a sleep # before and was a bit worried but it worked out just fine).

I have in mind to surprise my fiance and take him there again, may be every year for Memorial Day or something...That's how much we liked Sanibel and the Parrot Nest! It was such a romantic, blissful, quiet vacation...Thinking about it just makes me smile :)

I hope Brenda and the Nest will be here for a long time!

Angelique & Charlie.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Another fabulous vacation on Sanibel at the Parrot Nest. 5 star rooms in a quaint East End resort. If you want to be 'out of the main stream' try "The Nest'. Comfy beds with fabulous linens, quiet, self-sufficient units which lend to a quiet and restful vacation. We love this place!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple