“Weekend stay on super Sanibel Island, Florida, fishing and visiting wife's family”
Review of Driftwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Driftwood Inn
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The Driftwood Inn sufficed to host us as we came in late on a Friday night spent the weekend and left on Sunday afternoon. Arriving at the Inn Friday night (9:00 PM) was not a problem. Jane left the unit open and the keys in the kitchen. I had a great night’s sleep in one of the two bedrooms. The place is charming, with local sea charts, TV (cable) & DVD player, wicker furniture & table, a couch that have a removable, washable cover (we have the same "Cindy Crawford" couch) and a private screened porch w/ some 'borrowable' essentials (fins, masks, floats, fishing poles, etc) for the beach goers. There are two bedrooms and two baths. This place is comfortable for a week’s stay away. For breakfast, head to the beach, there is a restaurant in the hotel at the end of the road. When walking to the beach, turn left at the hotel. It’s shorter and there is public access raised walkway to the beach. There is no parking here, for parking, turn right at the hotel for the other public beach access. I brought my small boat and in the morning launched at the nearby public access near the causeway. At 7:00AM, with some live bait from “the Bait Box” (http://www.sanibelcaptivadaily.com/2011/05/16/the-bait-box-sanibel-island-for-all-your-fishing-gear/) I was out catching Spotted Sea Trout in no time. I fished near the Ding Darling State park (http://www.fws.gov/dingdarling/), it’s a big nature preserve and I think this increases the fishing potential. Anyway, I was quickly satisfied with my catches and went back to shore early at 10:30 AM. I went back out Sunday morning, with the same results. Saturday night, I fished off the beaches at the lighthouse and off the nearby pier. Sunday, mid-morning, we visited w/ the in-laws. Checked out at 3:00 PM for haul back across the Everglades.

Room Tip: Stayed in (unit) #1 room in Sanibel Island. (No pool or room service) There is a large manicured law...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank TTorgul

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed with our dog for one week, and it was exactly what we wanted. Whenever you read "walking distance to the beach", you always wonder: how far? It took us maybe 7 minutes to stroll down this quiet residential street to the beach access. The bike bath was right outside our door, and we hopped on our bikes and rode everywhere...exactly 1.1 miles to Jerry's grocery store!
The kitchen was fully stocked with utensils and pans---I always bring extra kitchen equipment since we eat most of our meals in, and I didn't have to use any of it. A large washer dryer was available on the premises for the low fee of $1 per wash/dry per load. There was central air and best of all, ceiling fans which helped circulate the air. Nice large sunroom, tropical foliage all around...no sign of any ants or cockroaches which had been mentioned in all of the reviews. We would and will stay there again! Thanks Jane, for an enjoyable, carefree stay!

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Kjkirk
ft. lauderdale
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Our experience at the driftwood inn was extremely pleasant. Jane was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I remember the first time that I called her I actually asked her about some of the reviews that were posted here and she calmly reassured me that her inn was top notch and that we would love our stay. Well, she was right the driftwood inn is a very clean, spacious inn. The driftwood proved to be a very simple quiet stay which fit the sanibel lifestyle perfectly. Especially after driving around the island the driftwood seemed to be the best value by far. I have and would recommend the driftwood inn to anyone who is looking a relaxing getaway at a great value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank John Z
USA Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed several nights in February with small dog and 7 year-old grandson..Inn consists of commodious cottages with two bedrooms, two baths, full eat-in kitchen...all comforts and conveniences of home. Immaculate, quiet, private, convenient to all Sanibel attractions and necessities (restaurants, market, Ding Darling, bike paths).... Easy walk to excellent beach. Owners attentive and clearly sincerely care that clients have a positive experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
orlando, fl
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We absolutely loved our stay at Driftwood Inn and definitely found a place we would like to return to in the future. My husband and I brought our dogs and they are accepted no problems :) They are extremely reasonable and our two bedroom cottage was more than spacious. The rooms need a little bit of updating but thats about it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed February 22, 2010

My family stayed here for two nights last week. A daughter and her boyfriend came down from Anchorage, the other daughter from Massachusetts to join us, from Pittsburgh Pa. The place was lovely. It was a very charming, homey cottage, just what we hoped it would be. The rooms were clean and neatly furnished. Although we didn't get to use it because of the cold weather, the screened in porch with sand buckets, beach chairs and even a beach umbrella was a plus. The kitchen had everything we needed, even some condiments and spices. It was the perfect place for us to prepare some meals and eat in the nice little dining area either before or after a day of sightseeing and shelling. The shelling was great! We had been to Sanibel a long time ago but never saw so many sea urchins and live scallops (which we tossed back into the sea) and Royal terns, sandwich terns and black skimmers. The sunset was just like in a magazine all beautiful tropical pinks and blues. The sunrise before we left was equally beautiful. We did not get to meet Jane personally, which I did not mind. She left a note for us upon our arrival and we easily could have reached her if there was a need. The cottage was a nice short walk to the beach, short drive to good reasonable restaurants and shops. We could only stay two nights and most places do not have nightly accomodations. We weren't sure until the last minute how many of us would be coming so renting a hotel room or rooms was out of the question. Jane was very accomodating in regards to our needs for the time we would be there. I have no hesitation about recommending this place! I have been in contact with Jane since our return and again, she has been nothing but gracious. I wish I could have met her in person! The only negative - we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 16, 2009

This January will be our 4th time. We stay longer every year. Great place, clean, cool, wifi (maybe from a neighbor?!). DVD player...Sanibel library has an awsome selection.
The best part are the owners...just plain nice. You can bike all over from here, minutes to the beach. If I had to say something bad, I'd have to make it up!!!!!
Jim, Carol, Birka & Hetzi. (2 drahthaars)

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple