“Great times in Sanford Florida”

Best Western Plus Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sanford
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for the last 6 years on our annual spring training trip. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The manager, Angel Merced is truly one of a kind. He remembers our names when we call to make our reservations and greets us like returning family. When we leave he always says he will see us next year. I enjoy going to this property every year because it seems like it is our home away from home. This year Mel's Diner, which is right next to the hotel, was closed the day we arrived and since we didn't have a car the shuttle driver took us to a nearby eating place and picked us up when we were finished. JOB WELL DONE! We enjoy the fact that the hotel is so close to the airport in Sanford and to the Amtrak station in Winter Park. We also enjoy that even we don't have a car there we can walk to several places to eat and a Wal-Mart with ease. We enjoy the great breakfast and the warm cookies in the evening. I have told friends if they are in Sanford they need to go to see Angel and all the great staff that work for him.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Nikesh S, Manager at Best Western Plus Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We appreciate you being a regular guest with us! We have completely renovated the property and would love to see you come back and check out the great changes. We have the same great team, but we are now a Best Western PLUS!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Staff were friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Coffee was good and breakfast was adequate .
As a first and last night stay near the airport it was perfect for me.

This is to make up my 200 characters Ive said all I have to say.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pAGruntutuck

Thanks for your feedback, we are a great solution for a quick stay before your flight out of the Sanford airport. Next time you come back please come stay with us, we have renovated and changed over to a Best Western PLUS!!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

On our recent trip to Daytona Beach, we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Sanford so we could catch an early flight out in the morning. The stay was a pleasant one and they we doing some remodeling. The rooms were above average and the service was the same. The breakfast in the morning was a good one and no reason to go anywhere else. I would recommend this hotel to anyone nedding a room in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great recommendation of our hotel, we have completely renovated and have changed over to a Best Western PLUS!! Please come check us out next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I joined today - just to write this review.
I have stayed at multiple Holiday Inns, and Holiday Inn Expresses, and have NEVER experienced the mess that I found here. It is exactly like staying in a $30 a night truck stop motel - and in my younger and poorer days - those are the dumps I had to stay in...
They say in their description that they are undergoing renovations - that is a joke - the place has been torn up from the lobby to the room I stayed in. The lobby literally has a router or cable box hanging from the wall - and there are yellow hazard placards right in the kitchenette. During breakfast nobody bothered to clean up after guests, and as a result the garbage was overflowing. Food ran out - just totally unappealing.
The room has holes in the wall, the shower head was filthy, the tub had a wet towel left on it, there are X's drawn on the ceiling, the fridge didn't work, and the carpeting is pulling off the wall. If you read the other reviews it sounds like the "renovation" has been going on for months. Holiday Inn needs to pull their name off this place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear SueMRMLPA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my deep apologies for the inconvenience our renovations may have caused during your stay. We are all very excited about this and how beautiful the hotel will look and hope you will come back once they have been completed.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel in the area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my family had stayed at this hotel back in September when our flight was,cancelled and had great customer service so we returned to this hotel where once again had a great,stay after our visit in Florida. The staff goes out of there way to let you know they care about their guests and wants them to return. The lobby looks great since the last stay looking forward,to seeing what,the outcome will look like. The front desk Samantha and Alex recommended we try Patio Grill which is not even a mile from the hotel. They had amazing food. The hotel even offers a shuttle service to if u want to take your rental car back at night they will come get you from the airport and take the shuttle to the airport in the morning. We sure took them up on that offer so we did not have to rush in the morning to get to the airport to fly home. This was a great hotel with great people,working here we will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2013
Nikesh S, Manager at Best Western Plus Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear that our staff was accommodating to your needs during your stay with us. Our guests matter to us and we try our very best to make each stay a memorable one. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

we stayed here one night before leaving Florida as it was close to the airport for our early morning flight. I decided on a treat for our last night of vacation and booked a mini suite with a Jacuzzi tub. when we arrived the young man at the desk informed us it might not work as they had had a power problem recently and many of them were out of order. I asked if we could change in that case to a less expensive room and he was very nice and went to check if it was working, it did work so all was well until later when I had just stepped out of the tub and our door opened to another couple who were given the same room, quite a shock for both of us!! They did give us a small discount, but only after I asked for one when checking out , I hope the other couple got a discount too. lesson learned- flip the security lock just in case! The bed was clean and comfortable and the room itself was clean although overall had an air of tiredness to it, but the hotel is under renovation so I assume it will be freshened as part of that process. breakfast was good, i didn't try the pool, not sure I would as it is in the front parking lot which is kind of odd. we might try it again once renovations are complete only because it is convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response to our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. You did mention in your comment that you noticed our renovation and yes we are definitely trying to improve our hotels overall performance and make our guests stay 100% satisfactory. We hope to see you again soon the next time you visit the Sanford area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here when our daughter was flying back to Indiana on Allegient Air. We arrived around 7:30 pm and was treated quite rudely by the desk attendant. She insisted that we had booked a room for 5 adults when we had not. We booked for 4 adults and 1 baby. She had already moved a rollaway into the room, which we did not request or want as we had a portable crib with us. She was very annoyed when I asked that the bed be removed and continued to argue that I had requested it. She then gave one of our room keys to a maintenance worker to go into our room and take out the bed. We never got the key back. I was nice about it and am not sure why she found it necessary to argue the point. The room was not clean, the carpet in the corners were covered with dust and dirt. It was obvious that housekeeping never moved anything to vacuum. The bathroom did not seem clean and the lotion had been opened and used. Te beds were innerspring, noisy and lumpy. We could not get the fan to shut off on the air, which drove us crazy throughout the night. When we went down for breakfast, the food that was there was good, but the trash was overflowing onto the floor. The fruit was empty as was the juice. It was still early (7 am) so I feel like this should have been taken care of, especially since there were three staff members just standing around behind the counter. I do understand that renovation was going on, but being rude and not keeping the breakfast area clean and stocked is unacceptable. I also think the room was way overpriced, we spent $150 for one night. I have stayed in rooms near airports before that were much nicer for much less $. About the only good thing I can say about this hotel is that it is very convenient to Sanford airport and the coffee was very good. I will be looking for an alternative if we need to stay in the area again. This is price gouging for the quality.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Nikesh S, Manager at Best Western Plus Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hello Pat C. Thank you for your recent response to our Holiday Inn Express. I can assure you that it was our best of intentions to have items already placed in your room that we would assume could make your time away from home more enjoyable and relaxing. I will also apologize for the behavior you said was received during your stay, we always strive to please our guests in the most professional manner. We hope you come back and stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#5 of 6 in Sanford
WoodSpring Suites Orlando Sanford
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary
SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford

Been to Best Western Plus Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel? Share your experiences!