Payments made by partners impact the order of prices displayed and, for featured or sponsored sort orders, partners’ payments may also influence the order of the accommodations listed.
All reviews breakfast was delicious downtown sanford historic district within walking distance bed was very comfortable hummingbird cake minutes from the airport beautiful park homemade scones b b's upstairs balcony plenty of hot water fresh fruit place to stay lisa nightcap brew
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

While traveling in Florida I found a terrific German restaurant in Sanford. I liked it so much I opted to stay in Sanford the night before my flight home. I struggled to find a room on Daytona 500 weekend but lucked out with a last minute cancellation at the Higgins House. Upon arrival our hostess Lisa made us feel at home in this marvelous Victorian home. Cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and late night aperitifs were a very pleasant surprise. The breakfast was homemade and delicious . This isn't a hotel, it's a room in a beautiful house so some noises carry through, but with realistic expectations this is a very special experience. I will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you Lisa

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Harley K
Lisa H, Owner at Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Thank you so much! We look forward to pampering you again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2018

We had an awesome stay at the Higgins House. My husband booked this place for our 21st wedding anniversary as we love staying at B&B's. We had planned on doing the riverboat dinner cruise but it got canceled but that did not ruin our stay here. We just went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner! The B&B was very nice, room comfortable and very peaceful. Michey was very helpful with all our needs. We stayed on ground floor, bed comfortable. They had TV sitting room upstairs with small balcony and coffee/tea was available at all times. They even gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne for our anniversary! The breakfast was very good - blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit. We truly enjoyed our stay and recommend this place.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I'm so glad you were enjoyed your stay. The riverboat cruise is back up and running, and there are many new, delicious restaurants for you to try in beautiful downtown Sanford.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2018

The antique furnishings throughout the house are so welcoming! Not to mention the royal treatment you receive during your stay. All the lovely touches, like wine and cheese upon check-in; a night-cap before retiring for the evening and a scrumptious breakfast that is both pleasing to the eye and delicious! Located in the heart of Historical Sanford, there are plenty of establishments to visit; food, wine and craft beer venues, within walking distance. I will most definitely come back now that I know what there is to enjoy.

Room tip: They are all lovely.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

We are so glad you discovered our hidden gem! It was a pleasure having you as guests.
Please come again!

Reviewed January 24, 2018

The excellent accommodations, charming hostess/owner Lisa and the central location to old town Sanford simply could not be any better. The attention to every detail and level of presentation to make us feel welcomed and pampered and all in an old style Victorian House was truly an amazing experience. Highly recommend The Higgins House if you need a place to stay for just an overnight stay or for a few days, you wouldn't be disappointed! Easy and safe walking distance to many of Sanford's finest restaurants and night life is a huge added bonus for any traveller.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and discovered the art of porch sitting.

Come back anytime, so we can pamper you some more.

Reviewed December 28, 2017

We stayed here on 12/21/17 while attending a Christmas party in Sanford. Both the town and the Higgins House were a very pleasant surprise! The hotel is conveniently located in the historical area, and an easy walk to the main street where there are fun shops and a good selection of restaurants. Higgins House is lovely... well-decorated, the amenities plentiful, thoughtful and high-end, the snacks and food are wonderful, the bed was comfortable with beautiful linens, and everything is immaculately clean. Lisa, the owner, was very pleasant and accommodating in all things. She's an excellent cook! She was happy to make delicious gluten-free food for me - and her GF chocolate chip cookies were the best I've had anywhere. I'd make another trip to Sanford just to stay here again - would be a very pleasant getaway!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Lisa H, Owner at Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm collecting more gluten-free recipes to delight you.