“Unexpected Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanford
Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Sanford B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I were extremely pleased with our stay at

Higgins House. The room was large and comfortable, the innkeepers
Lou and Sharon are warm, helpful and friendly. The are true B & B people. They do it for the love of the art. The breakfast was delicious and abundant. The hosts informative and plugged into the city. It is evident that they really enjoy what they do.

Sanford is a great town with fun things to do. We highly recommend it,.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tonylofaso

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Sanford's been in the news lately, all the time. We had booked a room in Higgins House late in Feb for Mar. 31, so at that time it was just a lovely central Florida town. Believe me, it still is. All the hype is just that -- hype. The Higgins House faces a park several blocks from the center of town. It was built in the late 1800s, and is the first "historic" B&B that we've been to that doesn't smell the least bit musty. It's a lovely comfortable house and lovely comfortable owners -- in residence, I might add. Lou and Sharon went out of their way to make us feel pampered. Lou made us tasty appetizers to accompany our late afternoon wine. He's quite a cook, experimenting to make unusual, delicious foods. (Try the cornbread -- it's to die for!)
Our bed was very comfortable. A claw-foot tub made it a little difficult for my bad knees, but that's part of historic homes. We stayed there in order to take the autotrain the next day. We went to the station in the morning, got our seat and dinner assignments, then returned to the B&B for several hours. "No problem," said Lou, "stay as long as you'd like." What a nice way to end our 3-month Florida stay.

Room Tip: There's one room on the first floor that we stayed in. Two on the second floor, with a TV in the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank barbara70
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was greeted by owners upon arrival. My dog Baylee and I were welcomed and shown to our room. We were oriented to the backyard area for Baylee as well. I had a dog training clinic I was traveling for, and so happy to find a nice, comfortable accommodation for me and my dog.
Thank you Higgins House!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Joni E
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I came to Sanford visit a family member and was very pleased with the inn and innkeepers. Actually it's a Bed & Breakfast and the breakfasts were delicious. Lou and Sharon were excellent hosts. Higgins is House is cozy, with its antiques to see, and lovely to visit. Sit out on the porch or go upstairs to the sitting area where there is a smaller porch. I was in the Wicker Room, which I enjoyed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank ktraveler72
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Was recently in Sanford for their "Love your Shorts" Film festival and stayed at the Higgins House B&B. What a treat. Lou and Sharon are wonderful hosts. Spent part of one day just sitting on the front porch reading. Don't miss the homemade raisin bread french toast for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank akruckemyer
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here very much. The wicker room was fantastic and so was the food. The owner/hosts are wonderful, friendly people.

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank kaalb
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stopped for a night on our way to Autotrain which is 5 minutes away. Very comfortable & convenient. Lou & Sharon are perfect hosts. Breakfast was terrific. Relaxed on the front porch & watched life go by. Sanford is an interesting town with a good German restaurant, the Willow Tree.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Gramps55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
Monroe's On The Lake Hotel & Banquet Hall
SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#5 of 6 in Sanford
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary

Been to Higgins House Victorian Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!