“Pricey for average burgers”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #52 of 236 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We waited for this place to open and when it finally did we decided to try it. There was a long line when we went but it only took about 20 minutes to get a table. We all tried different burgers. The burgers were okay and nothing special. The fries were good. It I am going to spend this much on burgers though I would rather go to 5 guys were the burgers are much better. I would not return here as the food is only average and the service is average.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This is my first time at Red Robin. I order the Royal red robin burger. Is came out with an egg on top fallowed with all the fixens. It was great. I come again when in Sanford.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our first experience with a Red Robin was in Arizona so when this restaurant opened we were excited. We have been a total of 4 times to this location and with different friends each time. All experiences have been good. Burgers are really good and the salads fresh and large. Our wait staff have been excellent, always checking on drinks and if anything else is needed. Usually they bring refills before even asked. This is a casual, fun restaurant specializing in burgers. Their variety of burgers is amazing and this is not one size fits all. The Red Tavern with double meat burger is an excellent size, though it does come in a larger version. The Smoke and Pepper burger is larger and has an excellent Smokey flavor. We have not been for dinner as yet, so look forward to trying something else besides burgers and salads. This is definitely a keeper in my opinion.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The burgers are really good and big! The fries are great and all you can! Great value! The staff are really nice and fast. It may be very busy but they really move right along!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I went with a large group (42) when in the area attending a soccer tournament. We did call several days ahead to warn the restaurant (they refused to take a reservation), so I would have thought they'd have been more organized, but the manager seemed totally out of his element. At first, they weren't even going to let later arrivals sit at adjoining tables because they happened to be 'in another servers area'. Customers don't care about that. We just want to sit next to our friends. Additionally, our group has dined frequently over the past two years attending tournaments, so we have a pretty good system down when it comes to organizing checks. He didn't want to listen to our recommendation which led to organized chaos settling the bills. As for the food, it was OK. Nothing to write home about. As a vegan, I was pleased to see a vegan burger option, but was astonished when it arrived slathered with an egg/dairy aoli sauce. Note to restaurant - leave that off when someone orders a vegan meal. The servers were pleasant and helpful, but all-in-all, for my first ever visit to a Red Robin, it did nothing to entice me to return or try another one.