“Highly disappointing!”

Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken
Ranked #8 of 13 Quick Bites in Sanford
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Skip this place! Way overpriced, rude rude rude counter service, dried out fried chicken (8 pc $16, no sides). Total waste of money. Stay away!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Lee’s has been a fixture for many years in Sanford. When we are looking for some good fried chicken, it has become our “go-to” place. We drive all the way from Mount Dora for your “better than average” fried chicken. This visit was a Sunday evening, and they were out of a few things. They have a Sunday special that brings in lots of folks. I had my heart on a spicy breast but had to settle for their delicious original famous recipe version. I also ended up with a baked wing since they were out of fried ones. The mac & cheese and green beans were excellent. Looking forward to our next trip for some mighty excellent food.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

I live up North and this is my favorite place to visit when in FL. The chicken is always tender and I LOVE THE SWEET TEA

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 4, 2019

My first experience with this place was nearly 9 years ago. I got a take out order for my young son and myself, and we headed off to our next location to eat our dinner. Lee's managed to forget his food completely - only my meal was in the bag. Turned the car around, left our next event, and went back to the drive through to explain what happened. After about an 8 minute wait in line, and then an 8 minute wait at the window, they gave me his meal. Now, think about this . . . FRIED chicken. I can't eat my meal because my child doesn't have his. I spend 15 minutes driving away, 3 to find that the order is wrong, 15 minutes to return, 8 to wait in line, 8 to wait for it to cook, and then 15 to go back and eat. How would you enjoy your fried chicken after it sat in your car for over an hour? Gross, huh? Yep, it sure was. At least my son's was good. I contacted the restaurant (via email) and never got a response. Nine years later, I gave them another try.

For food, the chicken is decent. It's not a bad meal, but a bit pricey. However, while I may be biased from my first experience, I found nothing special about it. There are many chicken places and I wouldn't feel a loss if this one fell off the planet. I'm not saying it's bad (assuming they get your order right or show any reasonable concern for customer satisfaction), but it's not terribly special, either.

So . . . go and try at your own risk. Eat there so you can get your entire order before it turns into something putrid.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Bad. Last time no credit or debit cards. Last night. No drive thru. Asked for livers. No livers. Asked for thighs. The girl said "i dont think i have any thighs" but mysteriously 3 thighs appeared. When i got a taste ot was coating and rotted chicken!!! It stunk!!! I immediately threw up and will never go back. Its progressivley going down. Terrible management

Date of visit: August 2018