“Worth the Drive”

Chianti's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #3 of 236 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Chianti's Pizza & Pasta. Our focus is to bring old world recipes and flavors to Sanford! We now offer online ordering. Order your family dinner now! Chianti is a well known table wine originating from Tuscany. It was historically associated with a squat bottle enclosed in a straw basket, called a fiasco ("flask"; pl. Fiaschi); however, the fiasco is only used by a few makers of the wine now; most Chianti is now bottled in more standard shaped wine bottles. Chianti has graced the tables of many family dinners and first dates, and brings back memories of a simpler time, when the family met every evening to discuss family events, world news and celebrate milestones. We have built Chianti's Pizza and Pasta in Sanford, in a warm casual inviting environment to celebrate great food, Family and good friends and memories. We hope you feel the same way! Mangiare fino a scoppiare.......Eat until you pop!
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After dining here for lunch several times and thoroughly enjoying soups, salads, paninis and pizza, my husband and I ventured in on a Friday night for dinner. The owner greeted us at the door and led us to a cozy booth. As the sultry sounds of a lone saxophone were played by a talented musician, we perused the varied menu. I decided on the Linguine Puttanesca and my husband picked the Spaghetti Bolognese with a side of sausage. Each was served with salad and garlic knots. The generous portions tasted delicious! We finished the meal by sharing a Tiramisu for dessert. We drove 55 minutes to dine at Chianti's and since we have never been disappointed with anything that we have ordered, we can honestly say that Chianti's is well worth the drive. Try it and I'm sure that it will soon become one of your favorites!

1  Thank SunnyLadyFL

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I would always rather pick local places over chains, but when it comes to pizza and pasta I would have to suggest going to Flippers or Marco Dinos. The pizza was alright, but our pasta dish was a small portion with a bit of garlic overload, and waaaay overpriced for what it was. Service was ok

2  Thank Sweetpea821
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was in town for a conference and looked up nearby restaurants, and decided to try Chianti's based on the previous reviews. So glad we did! The garlic knots are delicious(but you better like plenty of garlic, which I do!). A glass of wine and the Chicken Mediterranean Pizza made a delicious dinner. Wonderful service and moderate prices.

1  Thank tdbazar69
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited Chianti's for dinner with family. The restaurant is a little hidden and understated, but the food was wonderful. They start you out with garlic bread bites fresh from the oven - delicious. My wife and I had the special, Filet Mignon Parmesana. It was very good. The children had spaghetti and meatballs, also very good. Overall, very pleasant experience, great service and great food.

1  Thank Ky_Shamrock
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in right at closing time they ushered us in and served us some of the best Italian food I've eaten in a long time! Pepper crusted filet mignon, eggplant parmigiana, calamari--outstanding

2  Thank Brianbeck56