“5 star food in an affordable restaurant. Excellent!”

Chianti's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #3 of 222 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Chianti's Pizza & Pasta. Our focus is to bring old world recipes and flavors to Sanford! We now offer online ordering. Order your family dinner now! Chianti is a well known table wine originating from Tuscany. It was historically associated with a squat bottle enclosed in a straw basket, called a fiasco ("flask"; pl. Fiaschi); however, the fiasco is only used by a few makers of the wine now; most Chianti is now bottled in more standard shaped wine bottles. Chianti has graced the tables of many family dinners and first dates, and brings back memories of a simpler time, when the family met every evening to discuss family events, world news and celebrate milestones. We have built Chianti's Pizza and Pasta in Sanford, in a warm casual inviting environment to celebrate great food, Family and good friends and memories. We hope you feel the same way! Mangiare fino a scoppiare.......Eat until you pop!
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was very impressed. I called for reservations same day and was accommodated with no problem even though the restaurant was full. The manager greeted us very graciously and showed us to our table. Service was great. Food was fantastic. I had the lemon chicken, my mom had the special which was cheese ravioli with mussels, shrimp in a saffron sauce, now that dish was 5 star like. My kids oved the mac and cheese.We will be back for sure.

1  Thank ltorres93

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We visited based on other reviews and was not disappointed. We had pizza, calamari, chocolate cake and cannolis and it was all excellent. Even the kids enjoyed it. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Many times we drove by Chianti's thinking they were still not open for business. I am glad we decided to stop and to our surprise, they were open. We were the only couple there on a Monday night. The waitress was very friendly. We had a fresh and mild Caprese appetizer; the Carciofi and Prosciutto Salad was different and very good, the Veal Marsala was plentiful and flavorful, the garlic knots were finger licking good; the waitress even prepared some to go. The Pinot Noir was perfect. We give Chianti's the thumbs up!!!!

2  Thank millie104
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stumbled upon this place while driving in circles around mall looking for a light dinner with my wife. Looked nicer than the usual pizza joint so we tried it. Boy are we glad we did. Kitchen is bright, open and visible, but dining room is classy and dimly lit. Was IMMEDIATELY greeted by owner who set us up a booth. Struck by the wonderful garlic aroma coming from the garlic knots at the table behind us - definitey fresh garlic. They looked fantastic and are at the top of my list to try on the next visit. Ordered just a small pizza with mushrooms to share and a beer. Server was great at explaining the menu and how they sauted fresh mushrooms (we don't like canned) before putting them on the pizza, so we went with those. I wish we'd order a large - this was the best mushroom pizza we have had in years! The balance of all the flavors (basil etc) was peect and the mushrooms were delicious. My wife and I kep commmenteing on how tatsty" it was. We were motivated enough now to try dessert, even before they brought out the nicely arranged dessert tray Tried the tiramisu - was very good quality. A little light on the ladyfingers cake, but that is my preference. I prefer a cakier version. If you like a good mousse, you will love their tiramisu. Overall, this was an excellent experience and we cannot wait to go back. My wife only says that about one or two restaurants a year!

3  Thank Steve C
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Italian dishes have all been excellent-from caprese, to pizza to "Italian club" to pasta dinners and tiramisu. Very reasonable lunch specials. Kids menu and delivery available.

3  Thank McDanial