Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Sanford
cairo
“Good hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

we liked this hotel the rooms are clean and the staff is really friendly
they have free breakfast and it's nice also as well as free parking and internet
the toilet was clean but needs to be renovated but still ok
it's not so close to disney
we did enjoyed our stay and it has a very reasonable price

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Astor, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We traveled as a group of boaters (Blackwater Yacht Club) from about 40 miles up river to the boat tree marina where Crawdaddy's bar and grill is. From there the hotel sent a shuttle to pick us up. Total we had 14 people. The rooms were excellent, the staff friendly, the pool was super clean and we were all made to feel very welcome. We later got a shuttle to and from Historic downtown Sanford for dinner and dancing. Continental breakfast was one of the best ever. We closed out our stay with another shuttle ride back to the marina. We plan to come back in a few months and bring more friends and members with us. Can't say enough great things, thank you all . . . "your" Commodore Ed

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Jensen Beach, FL
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had to find a hotel that was convenient to the Orlando-Sanford Airport as our daughter had booked a 6:00 am return flight home to Virginia. After reading all of the excellent reviews, I booked two rooms. Starting with the positives, the staff is warm and welcoming. Fresh cookies at the front desk is a nice touch and made my two small grandsons very happy after spending two hours in the car. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is ice tea, lemonade and coffee available 24 hours a day. The negatives...as soon as I entered my room I noticed the toilet running. I went over and juggled the handle..nothing. I removed the back tank lid and I find a washcloth stuffed into the tank. Thinking this is the problem, I try removing the washcloth only to have water spew everywhere. Now I realize the washcloth has been put there on purpose but this means the toilet is never going to shut off. It had been an extremely long day and I am not in the mood to change rooms so I decide I can tolerate it for one night. I then grab my ice bucket to fill with ice, walk to the end of the opposite end of the hall, only to find out that the ice machine does not work. There is a sign posted that the only working ice machine is on the ground floor and I'm on the fourth floor. Back in the elevator I go to fill my ice bucket. The water in the sink took forever to drain and I had to keep turning it off while trying to wash my face and brush my teeth. Had to get up at 4:00 am to be at the airport by 5:00 and I'm looking forward to a cup of coffee. Opened the coffee maker in my room to find it filthy. As this is where the water runs through on its way to your cup, I was a bit disgusted. Took me 10 minutes to give it a thorough cleaning and I believe this is something housekeeping should be doing every day. Checking out at 4:30 am and there are several people in front of us, all of who had early flights. Check out was painfully slow and when I finally reached the desk the clerk explained that it was so slow as their system was not set up for check out that early and all information had to be entered by hand. I told him about my running toilet and what I had found and his response was "I've been asking for maintenance and can't get them." Umm, excuse me but if you can't get maintenance into a room that needs it, you need to get new maintenance people or not rent out that room.

So, if you're in need of a clean, comfortable, average place to spend the night then you've found the spot. But if you're expecting "excellent", I'd say look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Namaily
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

What a great breakfast! Lots of variety- hot and cold, even fresh oatmeal with all the fixings! Also 24 hour coffee ice tea and lemonade! Usually when I stay anywhere I have to bring my own flavored creamer for my coffee. Comfort inn actually had 2 flavors of cream! Little things can make your stay so much nicer! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2012
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Recently stayed at this Comfort Inn the evening prior to taking the Amtrak Auto Train north to Virginia. The front-desk staff was friendly and efficient, the room clean and comfortable and breakfast good enough to get me started for the day. The breakfast area was to undergo renovation the day after my checkout. The Comfort Inns at both Sanford, FL, and Lorton, VA, offer discounts to Auto Train passengers.

This was good value for the money and convenient location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Was on the second floor. Looked out on the pond; no road noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Trinidad
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Good Location, close to Sanford airport with pickup , good restaurants in walking distance and mall close by. Staff is very helpful for a short business stay or overnight place.

Room Tip: Look for Rooms 2nd Floor up I Numbers 15 & up
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,388 helpful votes
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We needed a place to stay near the Orlando Sanford Airport, and this one fit the bill the best, from extensive research. Though it is your typical chain hotel, we found it very pleasant. It has a pool, places to walk your dog (we did not have a dog with us), more than plenty of parking, is next door to a Cracker Barrel, is very clean and well maintained.

The desk staff were always very friendly and helpful with information. The hotel's computer room is well stocked with items like paper, pencils, pens, staplers, etc and the computers/printers (2) work well. We did not partake in the breakfast, so cannot comment. The grounds are well kept. It is located next to I-4, but we did not hear any traffic noise. Our room on the 2nd floor had a large window, that looked out on the highway, and a very large pond, with the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Shop across the pond. At night, after closing, the lights from the place reflected off the pond and was quite pretty-LOL! And I swear I could see two alligators in that pond, several times. There is a fence between the pond and hotel.

Our room was a 2 queen room. The beds were very comfortable, the pillows good. A nice large desk with chair, a decent TV, and another large table in the room. Very clean. Good size frig and a microwave. Everything worked-the alarm, the clock, the plugs, the TV and remote, and good lighting. I scored with lighting in all my accommodations thru out our trip this time-a rarity! Shower pressure was a bit slow, but OK. Basic bath products, basic towels.

All public areas clean and well kept. We took the shuttle to the airport in the morning. On time, helpful driver. About a 15-20 minute ride. Make arrangements with the front desk upon check-in. I believe the shuttle runs every 45 minutes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank tymetraveler222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford
Monroe's On The Lake Hotel & Banquet Hall
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#5 of 6 in Sanford

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford? Share your experiences!