“Helped me find a whole new side of life!”

U-SAIL of Central Florida
More attraction details
Owner description: U-SAIL of Central Florida is a great place to learn the sailing basics. We are located on the protected waters of Lake Monroe, part of the beautiful St. Johns River and just minutes from Orlando. Our fleet consists of keelboat in sizes from 18' to 30', fully rigged and coast guard compliant. Captain/Instructors have 30+ years of sailing experience both racing and cruising. U-Sail was selected as one of the Outstanding Sailing Schools for 2012 by the American Sailing Association (ASA), based on student evaluations. Once you've completed your certifications, join the sailboat club, an easy and accessible way to practice your new skills. Services provided by U-SAIL include basic sailing lessons on keelboats with ASA certifications, plus basic coastal cruising courses and coastal navigation. Anyone curious about the exciting world of sailing can also request an Introduction to sailing (a two hour sailing experience with a captain/instructor). We pride ourselves in making learning to sail fun and accessible to all types of schedules.
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I just cannot express how much their 2 hour Introduction to Sailing has meant to me. Capt DJ made our experience not only fun but totally overcame our apprehension about tipping over in a sailboat. This has completely invigorated my 67 year old brain and body. There will be plenty of time to sit in a rocker pondering all my sailing experiences I'm thinking, so I have already signed up for their baisic sailing certification course so I can use their boats on Lake Monroe. This is a MUST for your bucket list!

3  Thank Byronethejp