Spent 2 nights at this property December 1 & 2, 2006, before heading south to our Disney-area timeshare for a week.
Arrived after 10pm for check-in and were promptly buzzed in the door and check-in was very smooth and fast. This property is completely non-smoking, which was a plus for us...didn't have to worry about the dreaded, "we don't have any non-smoking rooms left" sentence when checking in late. :)
Hotel seems to have been recently rennovated...rooms are very clean and nice! Carpet very soft and not the lame looking, thin carpet I've become accustomed to when traveling on business trips...very plush feel to feet in socks. Paint was fresh, nice earthtones rather than the typical white walls. Sink area completely separate from tub/shower and toilet area. Sofa folds out into a queen-sized bed. Marble-topped "bar" sink and counter in one corner of suite (also a non-stocked fridge). Desk with ethernet (wired network/internet) port adjacent to the bar/sink.
Downsides as follows: Pool area was very nice and clean (don't see a lot of 6ft deep ends any more!), BUT the water was frigid, despite claims by the staff that it is heated. It also reeked of chlorine. Spa was WAY too hot, though it didn't feel too bad if you spent enough time in the pool to get numbed up and then jumped into the hot tub to defrost. Other downside is that the internet connection, even though it's a wired connection (as opposed to wireless) is not at all reliable! Kept losing internet connectivity with no warning and it seemed to happen every couple of minutes, no matter what we were doing (downloads, surfing, watching video, etc.).
All in all, very happy we stayed here. Location is great for eating out and shopping...lots of restaurants very nearby and several shopping destinations (including a mall) equally close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether traveling to Orlando, Daytona or the Atlantic Beaches, the Springhill Suites is conveniently located off of Interstate 4 at the Seminole Towne Center Mall, and only minutes from the Sanford Regional Airport. Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios & NASA are popular attractions and a direct drive from the hotel's quaint setting in Sanford. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Orlando North/Sanford Hotel Sanford
- Springhill Suites Sanford