“Great location, service”

SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sanford
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for a soccer tournament. They were very helpful with breakfast times, we needed it early. We were told about local restaurant discounts, which is great when traveling with a group of soccer playing teenage boys.nice and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is clean and the staff is extra friendly. Great location close but not to close to I-4 lots of resturants and shopping within sight of hotel. I wish the breakfast started at 6:00 am instead of 6:30, the gym needs new cardio equipment, no tvs on each piece and no wieghts. Spa was filled in with concrete so if you have a sore back you might be disapointed. Best rate I could find in the metro Orlando area

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed one night as it was close to the Sanford airport. Very attentive greeter (Holly). She immediately arranged for a car/driver for early the next morning for me. Put in a wake up call to coordinate with the driver's arrival. Room was large, comfortable, and quiet - just what I needed. I did not use any other services as I was only there for a short time to sleep. I have suggested that they have a shuttle to the airport. They are the closest hotel to the airport and thus a shuttle would be very helpful. Transportation to the airport (about 4 miles) was extremely expensive. I had a great night's sleep - just what I wanted!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a 4 night stay in April 2013 due to some house renovations. We live not far from the hotel and knowing we would be there for a few days (with 2 kids) a 'suite' was appealing. First, this is not my idea of a suite although I guess you could say it barely qualifies because it has a little hand sink, a microwave and a small small fridge and a 2 seat sleeper sofa. So other than the extra 3 ft of space that gives you the room is no bigger than your average hotel room. Everything seemed to just barely good enough to pass for what it should be with nothing really standing out. The front desk staff were very friendly and personable but that has to be the only thing that stood out. The gym was not accessible the entire time due to a busted pipe on the second floor (that was a mess but things happen). Breakfast was a fight every morning. Too many people, not enough food being brought out and a single line layout where you had to wait for EVERYONE in front of you to move along and when you have 3-4 people standing in front of the waffle maker that takes 5 minutes a piece, it was a bit unnerving BUT again it was barely good enough to pass. They did bring out scrambled eggs and one hot side to go along with the usually continental breakfast stuff. (Muffins, toast, cereal, some fruit, yogurt). There are only 2 elevators so that also becomes a hassle with rather long wait times and you often had to squeeze in or shuffle around people with luggage. The pool was fine. Hot tub was luke warm. Their is absolutely nothing else to do at the hotel. Their are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and the Seminole Towne Center Mall which is quite large in walking distance for some or just a short drive away. The only other issue we had was the pull out sofa was broken and would not close. I looked at it and it was obviously broken when it was last put down. (Brackets not attached, etc). We had to call maintenance to jam it back in there for a couch again but they said they didn't have another one to replace it with. We just didn't use it as a bed the remainder of the time. All in all, I have to say Meh. I wouldn't do another 4 nights there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesSSF, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Good afternoon,

I want to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our Springhill suites. I do want to mention that at the time of your stay with us, over 50% of our guest were sports team and while I had 3 associates working breakfast and myself, with the size of the teams and families items were really flying. I will guarantee you this does not happen often if ever. Hope you can visit us again and see how great it is here at the Springhill suites Sanford.

Alex

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Average stay, breakfast could have more variety. Bed was comfortable. No signage, with out GPS you would have a difficult time finding this hotel. In the room I was in the tv was in front of the couch thus preventing watching tv in bed.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our flight out of Sanford airport. We booked at this property because the website shows it has a hot tub in the pool area, after a long day at Universal we were all looking very forward to a dip in the pool and a relaxing soak so we were very disappointed to get out to the pool deck and find the place the hot tub used to be filled in with concrete! They really need to update their website because it shows a hot tub in the pool area. The pool area itself was nice looking over the little lake though. Also, we booked that there would be 5 people in our room there were only towels for three and the hide a bed had no bedding on it, that is the first time in many travels with our group that we had to find the bedding in the closet and make it up, usually there are at least sheets already on it when we have gone to other hotels.
Otherwise, the room was nice if a bit dated, but I understand they are about to renovate and for 99.00 a night for a mini suite for 5, it was a great deal. The hotel staff were all very nice and helpful and the breakfast was very good. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay if you don't care if there is a hot tub or not. Also it was a nice short drive from Sanford airport, about 15 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I know this will soon go through a renovation. And the room itself was fine. But the physical plant of this hotel needed a lot of work. That said, the front desk folk were fantastic and there are ample restaurants nearby. The gym needs some help as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillSuitesSSF, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Good afternoon,
I want to first apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will tell you that we are really excited with our renovation coming up as you mentioned. I truly hope you visit us after that renovation and see the finished product along with the great service you mentioned. If you would like to call me personally to discuss any specifics, would be great. Hope to see you in the future.

Alex

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#5 of 6 in Sanford

Been to SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford? Share your experiences!