WoodSpring Suites Orlando Sanford
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Budget Inn(Sanford)
$219
$204
$184
Marriott Hotels
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stuck here in Sanford while I wait on my permanent visa to Brazil . The hotel is not bad, not luxurious but clean and newer . The problem is the human trash that stays here . I would guess more than 3/4 are collecting a welfare check for subsidized housing . Damn kids , unsupervised maurading the hallways in packs screaming, talking loud, no trashy parents in sight and no night guard to break them up and tell them to be quiet or take it outside . . Doors are constantly opening at midnight , at 2 a.m. and slamming in narrow hallways .. schanky creatures in the parking lot , smoking , drinking porch monkeys , a piece of bubble gum has more worth. Good concept , very bad execution .

Room Tip: ask for the top floor away from children , get an end room . segregate business travelers .
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Blake H
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is my sisters and I first time coming to the Value Place and our experience by far is extremely awful to the MAX!!! We were told check in was at 11am but when we got here the manager stated check-in was at 3pm and accused us of having an attitude!!! Well being told one thing and its another dont you think we would be upset? Further more, we drove all the way from New Jersey so yes we are tired and need some rest, but the manager obviously didnt have any consideration for that. We returned back at 3pm to find out the office was CLOSED!!!! How do you explain that, AFTER saying check-in is at 3p? I've never been in a hotel where you have to pay for pots & utensils for your kitchen suite room, and more so....TOILET TISSUE??? I really believe that they need to have better staff who have respect for their customers, stop trying to scam people with buying tissue when you ARE required to make sure your bathrooms are stocked properly with that, and make sure customers get the accurate information!! Overall the room was maintained properly, price was not bad!!! I doubt i'll come back here though!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LadiiCece S
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Orlando Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Im here to write about my experience of this hotel im seeing other reviews and personally i stayed here for 2 weeks and i didnt see anything out of line i came to sanford for more of a vacation away from orlando,and i was quite surprised of the experience here at the hotel,you pay for the items you want and the price was actually cheaper than others in the area *hence holday inn express* the staff was very nice! I think theres a new management change ? But the short staff of housekeepers and maintainence were busy all day keeping the hotel going, the night security was more like a cop,but sanford isnt one of the highlights of the Orlando metro area,by far i loved my visit and when the next vacation comes i will choose Value Place again! My last word would be is,this hotel really showed me that lower prices dont mean junk Thanks Value Place

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank John P T
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Orlando Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Horrible experience! (1) We let them know we would be checking out 48 hours in advance. Once we left they continued charing our credit card for 4 more days saying we failed to give "Written Notice"!!!. Not only did they not tell us that was required when we said we would check out 48 hours prior, but who has ever heard of a hotel that required "written notice". I travel over 180 days a year and have never heard of such a scam!!!

(2) They were to refund a $100 deposit upon checking out. It has now been over 2 weeks...no refund has been made even after repeated requests. They keep blaming it on credit card preocessing problem. Still have not see deposit refund! Scam #2.

(3) Druggy OD'd and died during our stay. Horrible experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill R
LIPgdyer, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Orlando Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have stayed at several Value Place Inns and I have to tell you this one is the worst!
I stayed there for a month and despite my complaints about the security door on the east end of the building not locking nothing was ever done to repair it. It was quite creepy at night on that end of the building outside. Strange people would be coming and going without a key and on numerous occasions I would find the door propped open with rocks. The door would lock if you lifted the outside handle when you came in so I guess that people would prop it open to be sure. But if you stay there don’t you have a key?
At other Value Place Inns I constantly saw the night manager wondering the halls checking the doors and grounds. Not here! The night manager here is polite but not the happy friendly managers observed at other Value Place Inns.
I tried to get mail and I found out things I was looking to come never came. When I investigated I found out that the zip code on their rent receipt is wrong. I told the manager he apologized and gave me and knew the correct one yet when I got my next receipt it had not been corrected!!!!!!!! Really?!?! The just do what ya gota and go home attitude at this Value Place Inn needs to be addressed by someone. This is not typical of others I have stayed in.
All other standards seem to be adequate. In this neighborhood I wouldn’t stay here with small children with the lack of security and open door policy but other than that it’s okay.
Just watch your mail if you have any come here I noticed at this web site the zip is wrong. The correct zip code, mind you, according to the manager is 32773

Room Tip: beds are hard no box spring. I'm ok with it you may not be.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank k j
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Orlando Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

VP Management Team