“Nice location for a nite before or after a flight into Sanford airport”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sanford
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is easy to find and no more than 5 miles from the airport. The staff is very friendly and the grounds are large and include a dock and a gazebo on a small lake, so you don't feel cooped up in your room. The rooms are very small (at least the inexpensive ones are) but you don't need much room if you're just spending a nite there. Lots of restaurants, gas stations, etc, nearby. The downsides - no coffeepot in the room (boooo!), no sheer curtains so you either have to close out all the light or be in a fishbowl with people walking by and looking in. I recommend for a very short stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda_NewfieldNY

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I would definitely not recommend this hotel. The room smelled like cat piss or maybe it was very nasty mold and mildew. Whatever it was it was very BAD! Also beds were old and very uncomfortable. I realize it was only a $50 room but I wouldn't stay at that place again if the room was free! My wife almost went out in the car to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here several nights on my vaction to disney. The staff was wonderful with anything i needed. The room was clean and quite . I was on the pool side but did not use the pool but it looked great and very clean. Room service was always prompted. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a clean room and a great price.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of building are on the lake with a nice dock.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed 5 night here looking for property in the area. Room was cleen & everything worked properley. The staff working thare were all veary accomdating. Irman & John were very helpfull with alot of info i needed about the area , including extra pillows ect. The price i was charged for that lenth of stay was EXELENT !!!!! I would reccomond this place to aneyone staying in the area.
RENE

Room Tip: Best price & clean ,---end of bilding is next to lake (nice)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Irman was wonderful! He did his very best to make us comfortable. This hotel doesn't have an elevator, which was not a problem for us, but may be for some. The room was a little less than adequate in that there was no clock, hair dryer or shampoo/conditioner/lotion, but otherwise the bed & pillows were comfortable enough & plenty of drawer space.
In our room the air conditioner was making a huge racket & Irman offered to switch rooms for us, but we decided not to, we were exhausted & just wanted to rest. We cooled the room down & then shut it off. In our room the bathroom door didn't close all the way (we could see where the bottom of the door had buckled, which prevented it from closing). We got got up at 5 am with the assistance of a wake up call to catch an early flight from Sanford. When the shower was started water immediately flooded the bathroom floor (the angle of the head?) & wasn't draining well. After adjusting the head my friend was able to take a quick shower. I skipped it. They do offer coffee & tea for the morning & check out was quick & easy.
I must add that the mechanical issues I encountered could have probably been avoided had we gone ahead & switched rooms. The rest well: 1) bring an alarm clock if you feel it necessary to know the time 2) bring hair & body products ladies! It's inexpensive & we weren't disappointed. Irman was once again ... wonderful!

Room Tip: Higher the room # the further away from the busy street you are. Remember - no elevator, the stairs...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Many of the reviews on this and other websites would have you believe that this property is bad news, but that was not our experience.
We came to town to visit family and needed an affordable place to stay for three nights. What we found was a pleasant staff and a clean, functional room where the beds were comfortable and everything worked the way it was supposed to.
I would not hesitate to stay at the Budget Inn again and I would recommend it to my friends & family.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms appear to have been recently updated.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I chose this hotel for the price and for the convenient location to my family. This place was awful! I only have two things to say about this hotel: both are bad and there was not one good thing to say about this hotel. The linen and towels were so old and hard they had holes and felt like sand paper and the room was infested with roaches. Do NOT stay here.

Room Tip: The best room to stay at is in another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Monroe's On The Lake Hotel & Banquet Hall
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!