“Great chocolate ice cream!”
Review of Sal's Italian Ice

Sal's Italian Ice
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Sanford
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Happened across this place while pregnant and craving an old fashion ice cream cone. We have been back and our son really loved the orange Italian ice. I look forward to trying many more items. However, my absolute fav thing so far has been the chocolate soft serve. It's creamy and thick and so perfect without being overly sweet!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I love this place! The service is pretty good but the product is great. I love to mix flavors but my favorite is Hawaiian. I normally get just the ice without the gelato but I have had it and it is great too.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Whenever my family wants ice cream, we head to Sal's. They have really creamy soft serve, yummy italian ice, a good variety of ice cream sundaes/floats/desserts, and the prices are really reasonable. The first time we went, I ordered a medium-sized cone... and couldn't eat it all. Even the small is bigger than what I've gotten most other places. Plus, if you take the dog, they have a free treat called a "Tail Wagger"...soft serve with a Milkbone dog biscuit on top! Too Cute!!! The staff is always nice and polite. The building's tiny, but there's a huge Ice Cream Cone out front that's hard to miss.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Great service, great ice and custard, cute building! Whenever I'm in theSanford areA I make a special trip to visit Sal's. I highly recommend this place to anyone! (watermelon gelTi is my fav)

Reviewed October 2, 2008

Sal's Italian Ice has the best Italian Ice and Ice Cream around. The Italian Ice is homemade right in the store. The staff is always friendly and very quick. Not to mention the strawberry gelatis are the best and the prices can't be beat. It's a very cute small building so drive slowly or you just might miss it.