“Service poor, food was great, Baklava was below average”
Review of Gio's Cafe I - CLOSED

Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The waitress was very unattentive and didn't seem to care that we waited so long for our food. The stuffed mushrooms were excellent as was the Greek salad with chicken. We thought the Baklava needed help and we have eaten it all over the world when it is available. The atmosphere was ok if you like bowling alleys.

There are newer reviews for Gio's Cafe I

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've frequented this place for the last couple years and it's definitely our default "go-to" in the area. The food is usually very good and any time I've had an issue they have been willing to fix it for us. They have a very high quality drink selection with a good number of very good beers on tap and full bar service.

The pizza is the best around (easily) and the various dishes I've had have all been good. The tortellini ala gio's, chicken pasta with vodka sauce, Mediterranean flat bread, gyro feast, and calzone con carne are some of our favorite "go-to's". If you save room (or even if you dont and have to get it to go) you have to get a piece of cheesecake! They usually have a few to pick from. The slice is expensive but usually very large (usually split it) and out of this world good.

They recently added burgers and it seems somewhat of a work in progress as they tend to be somewhat overdone but tasty none-the-less. My main complaint is that they offer small bread knots (not the big knot, which is awesome) with dipping sauce which used to be really good and fresh, but recently seem to be previously frozen or something because they come out hard and gross in spots 3 times out of 5. Would have been 5 stars if it weren't for these rare occasions when it's just not quite top notch.

You can pick between two atmospheres here really; the original side which is a laid back small home town type area, or the expansion "Cellar" which is more lively, has the bar, TVs for sports, and houses the karaoke/trivia/ladies nights. They also have fairly extended hours. The kitchen has a limited menu after a certain time, but it's nice to have a late night place with good food and beer.

1  Thank UFnaviGator
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My wife and I were on the way to a Wekiva area campground and stopped here for a quick lunch. The interior is decorated well,and a bar area is separated with a wall from the dining area. We ordered the soup of the day, she crab soup and it was excellent. Their menu looked interesting and we plan on stopping here again when in the area. The service by Tracy was excellent.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

Don't listen to the bad reviews, this place is great. The pizza and calzones are wonderful with fresh sauce and all the pasta dishes we have tried are good too. There is a nice attached bar area too with an appetizer menu, and the desserts are really good. I actually told my husband all I wanted on my birthday for dinner was their white pizza!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

This place is horrible. The employees obviously don't care about the food. The cokes are 4 $. The overpriced, mediocred food came out cold and our waitress just looked at me like i was from mars. don't waste your money or your time.