“Mixed Reviews”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Sandestin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fleming's Sandestin, FL is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are conveniently located off scenic route 30A, near Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, and Destin.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I went to Fleming's for my birthday. We had never been before. We were cheerfully greeted and seated in a very comfortable booth. The interior of this restaurant is beautiful. We anticipated pricey....but $285.00 later (including tip)....for two people and only one glass of the more "inexpensive" wine....wow. Expensive. Having said that, the food was really quite good and our steaks were cooked perfectly. We split an appetizer and had 1 baked potato and a side of asparagus. I also had a dessert. It was a nice splurge. The service was excellent. Because it was my birthday, I was presented with a $25.00 gift card to use on a future visit. Nice touch however, this is when we started having the problems. This little gift of gratitude did exactly the opposite of what I think Fleming's intended it to do. This restaurant has a happy hour every day from 5-7. We had never been and decided that our gift card would be the perfect way to try it out. We had a great time, had great service and ordered much more than the required $25.00 on the gift card. We went to pay....and discovered that the gift card wasn't applicable for Happy Hour. Nowhere on this gift card was it mentioned that Happy Hour was excluded and it was not mentioned when it was presented to us by the Manager. We quietly paid our bill and exited to the foyer where I questioned this practice. Nope. They were not going to accept the gift card. We quietly left the restaurant....never to return ever again. Unfortunate. We didn't ask for this gift card. In my opinion, I believe that it was an underhanded way to get us through the door once more. We tried. Now, $25.00 isn't going to break the bank for us however for some, it might. We would have come back on our own. I just don't like to be taken advantage of and I believe that the practice is wrong. In my opinion, very sneaky. Their intended purpose didn't work out so well for them and they have lost a good customer. We won't be back.

1  Thank Eddiepeddie

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I love a good steak and my filet was very good. We had three 8 oz filets ($???), asparagus spears ($11), Scalloped Potatoes ($10) and Cipollini onions ($11). Two glass's of the house Cab, one bourbon & coke and the bill was $197 plus $30 tip. The filets were very good, but the asparagus, potatoes and onions were, so, so. We could have eaten in and had three 16 oz filets, a 1/2 gallon of Kentucky's best and a $100 bottle of wine for $230!
I guess if you really want to impress someone about how little you think about money, take them here. You will have a very good steak, attentive staff and very pleasant surroundings. I thought it was nice but way overpriced for the products served.

1  Thank Baystate2
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the bar at one of the booths and it was excellent my husband had the prime rib dinner and the potatoes were out of this world delish. We also order an app the beef carpaccio and was very good and we will definitely order again on our next visit. The lava cake wasn't something thrown in a microwave it was homemade and tasted so yummy!!! If you go here you will not be disappointed it's a little more pricier than most restaurants but you get what you pay for here :)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our first visit to Flemings...others in our party had dined at this & other locations and recommended it very highly. We were all disappointed! There were 8 of us. My salad, the heirloom tomato & housemade burrata was delicious, my husband was disappointed with his Caesar salad, three of us sent our prime rib back (they have a January special for Prime rib $29.95)...the spice on mine was overpowering and kept me awake all night...Many of us chose to order the lava cake and all but one were very disappointed...they were all overcooked! The wine recommendation was very good. We had asked for separate checks and it took a considerable length of time until they finally got them right!

1  Thank 1751489Travelbug
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I each order filet mignons, mine the large portion. It was prepared to perfection. Our accompaniments were asparagus and broccoli done just enough to be cooked but still firm.

This is a beautiful restaurant that should impress any diner.

1  Thank Gary S