“Nothing Spectacular - It's just like any other Flemings”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Sandestin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fleming's Sandestin, FL is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are conveniently located off scenic route 30A, near Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, and Destin.
“Nothing Spectacular - It's just like any other Flemings”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The location of this Flemings is in an area where there are several other restaurants. Not much to write.. Just like all the others.

Had a bone in "16 ounce" filet - looked like 10 ounces. DON'T ORDER THIS . It was so small - I'm like really??? 16 ounces??? but oh well.......

Visited October 2012

Ft. Walton Beach, FL
“Fabulous Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

As locals, we have had the pleasure of dining at Flemings numerous times over the years. We have ALWAYS had impeccable service, outstanding food, and memorable ambiance. While it is expensive, the quality of food and service is second to none. Our latest visit was a birthday celebration with six adults (four from out of town who had never been to a Flemings) and a 7 1/2 year old boy. Five of the adults had filets of varying sizes, one had the mahi mahi special, and the child had chicken strips from a excellent Kids Menu. We also had assorted sides with the outstanding bread. Wine list was extensive and three adults had excellent wine. Everyone raved about the tenderness and flavor of the steaks and the one who had the mahi mahi stated that it was excellent. Dan, our waiter, made the 7 1/2 year old feel very special by treating him with so much respect and in turn, the child behaved outstandingly! The 7 1/2 year old declared (unsolicited) that he loved the restaurant and the chicken was the best he had ever had. This is from a child who has never been to such a high caliber restaurant. We love Flemings and recommend it without hesitation.

• Visited September 2012
Newcastle, Oklahoma
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Steak was soooo good. I loved the bread and the dipping sauces. Waiter was friendly and most accomodating. I would recommend!

Visited September 2012
Atlanta
“Perfectly broiled steaks”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We ordered two filets and one New York Strip and each was cooked to perfection. The sautéed corn and Fleming's potatoes were both a hit. Caesar salad was good. Wine selection the glass was outstanding and pre-dinner martinis were excellent, also.

KY
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was anticipating a wonderful dining experience at Flemings, having eaten at their family of restaurants, including Roy's and found it to be fabulous. I thought I would get the same. It calls itself a steakhouse and wine bar. Our waitress could not help me at all with a wine selection. I asked for a recommendation with my meal and she said, "whatever you like." I don't ask for a recommendation often, but if I am spending $11.00 a glass (average) , I expect help in choosing the right one. She gave us the menus and left and came back and I wanted to ask her a few questions, and she said "can you wait, I have a little thing I run through with you about the specials and hit the high points." But that left me reading a menu and not knowing what i wanted to look at. Not impressive. Our appetizer (calamari with sweet chili) was good, the bread and spreads were very good. Salad was noteworthy, but expensive, at around $8.50. I would skip it next time. I asked for help in deciding between entrees (one of which was a special) and she just read the menu again. I got the special which was a sea bass ($38) and it was fishy, and not in a pleasant way. The vegetable medley was good. Sides are large enough for three people at least, but again expensive and nothing comes with the meal. Not good if you want a variety at the table. My husband got a steak and it was perfectly cooked, and a good cut of meat. He had a steak and sangria special, that it makes sense to me that if you advertise it as a steak and sangria special, it should include both, but the sangria was a separate charge. My daughter got a small plate (around 18.00) and it was a good size for a young girl.
Overall, when I pay over $30.00 for entree and more for sides, I expect to be wowed and I was not. I won't rush to Flemings anymore, and would go to Roy's anytime over it.
The host was nice and he did remember my name when I left.

• Visited August 2012