“Horrible service. NOT New Orleans food!”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Sandestin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: located at the Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin
“Horrible service. NOT New Orleans food!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The server was rude, spilled food on me (no apology made) & brought me the wrong drink (no apology made). Their New Orleans red beans & rice was refrieds with white rice....Mexican. The server had the audacity to add 18% gratuity for a party of 6 AFTER all of the poor service. Blew my mind.

• Visited August 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I ate here for dinner our first night. The location is convenient, we walked from our room. The food was pretty good, I had seafood étouffée and my husband and the shrimp platter. The étouffée was great, seasoned well and a nice kick. His shrimp tasted fresh from the gulf. My daughters kids meal was average taste but the price was expensive. Overall, it's a family friendly restaurant to stop by while walking in the Baytown wharf.

• Visited August 2013
atlanta
“Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The chargrilled oysters were great. The fish po-boy was a little bland and they have no Louisiana hot sauce - are you serious?

Visited July 2013
Newnan, Georgia
“If you're going to eat here, order the oysters.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't my first visit to this fine establishment, where the rock and roll echoing throughout the restaurant matches the rustic beach vibe. I visited here with a large gathering of my family, so I was able to try one of everything it seemed. The crab claws are great and so was the fish po boy I ordered, but the focus of every meal I have here as usual is the chargrilled oysters, which are the best in Destin- served with bread that allows you to soak up that buttery garlic left behind under the oysters that are not slimy at all like their raw counterpart. So. Ensure that you order AT LEAST one dozen of these oysters for an appetizer or meal, but know you'll be craving for more as soon as you put down that fork.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Expected more”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A friend of mine eats here every summer so we went based on her recommendation. I was a little taken aback when we walked in. It was very kitschy. It looked like part carnival, part sports bar, and part 1980's pizza joint. We had a table of 8 and were so cramped with two four tops put together, I found myself putting one arm on the back of the chair next to me. Service was good, our waitress was helpful and efficient. I had the shrimp po boy (mind you, it's just the sandwich, sides are not included). My husband had the fried catfish. Both were just average tasting. I probably would not return based on my experience.

Visited July 2013