“If you're going to eat here, order the oysters.”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Sandestin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: located at the Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't my first visit to this fine establishment, where the rock and roll echoing throughout the restaurant matches the rustic beach vibe. I visited here with a large gathering of my family, so I was able to try one of everything it seemed. The crab claws are great and so was the fish po boy I ordered, but the focus of every meal I have here as usual is the chargrilled oysters, which are the best in Destin- served with bread that allows you to soak up that buttery garlic left behind under the oysters that are not slimy at all like their raw counterpart. So. Ensure that you order AT LEAST one dozen of these oysters for an appetizer or meal, but know you'll be craving for more as soon as you put down that fork.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

A friend of mine eats here every summer so we went based on her recommendation. I was a little taken aback when we walked in. It was very kitschy. It looked like part carnival, part sports bar, and part 1980's pizza joint. We had a table of 8 and were so cramped with two four tops put together, I found myself putting one arm on the back of the chair next to me. Service was good, our waitress was helpful and efficient. I had the shrimp po boy (mind you, it's just the sandwich, sides are not included). My husband had the fried catfish. Both were just average tasting. I probably would not return based on my experience.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Must try the boo fries! We sat at the oyster bar. All food came out fast and hot. Price is reasonable. Staff is very friendly and exciting!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

every time we come to destin we always come here to get some chargrilled oysters. They are as good as the ones we get at ACME in NOLA. Although the ones we got this time were a little small they were still good. Guess we are just spoiled to our La oysters. The entrees we got were good also.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Chargrilled Oyster!!!! I haven't figured out what else to order from this joint that's just as awesome so going back for a 2nd time tonight to enjoy the old reliable!