“What appetizers!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Graffiti & Funky Blues Shack - CLOSED

Graffiti & Funky Blues Shack
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
FFB, AR
“What appetizers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you're in Sandestin do not miss Graffiti & Funky Blues Shack for Happy Hour appetizers. The Fried Green Tomatoes are unusual and worth going to this restaurant. The chef has done unusual things with what we might consider usual fare (Clam Chowder). The beef and buffalo meat loaf is a man pleaser! Ladies, if you can eat after the appetizer try the grouper. The decor is unusual and it gives you plenty to look at, don't forget the ceiling! It was cool enough that I don't know if they have outdoor seating, but I'd be willing to bet they do.

• Visited January 2014

“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

The food was wonderful! They even let me substitute items from one entrées to another. Very fun atmosphere for the artsy in me! We stayed for the late night live music and drinks and needless to say are coming back. My new favorite bar!!

• Visited January 2014
Destin, Florida
“Need more security. A fight broke out and the band had to break it up.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

They literally had no bouncers working there. It was the winter, but still.

I would go elsewhere. Head down to 30-A or take your chances at AJs if you like watching fights.

Visited December 2013
Niceville, Florida
“I had a bad experience that soured me on this place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had a bad experience that soured me on this place. A few months back, within a week or so of the Marlin tournament, I decided to find a place where I could go after work and invite the rest of my family to join me for drinks and appetizers. Graffiti's was a frequent stop for us, and we always enjoyed their "happy hour" appetizer and drink specials, so I thought that would be something nice we could do while we enjoyed the sunset.

To be sure Graffiti's didn't have some "black-out" days for their happy hour special I check their web site before I left work, and sure enough, they listed the happy hour special.

So we arrived and I mentioned to the young man who greeted me at the door that we'd like to be seated where we could see the sun set. So he led me to a table out back on the upper deck. I ordered a drink while I waited for my family members to arrive and join me.

When they start arriving we order off the appetizer menu, and we order drinks. We stayed for a couple hours, and when I "tabbed out" I noticed that the waiter had changed me full price for everything...appetizers and drinks. So I asked him what was going on. He told me that the happy hour special was only in The Funky Blue's Shack...not in Graffiti's.

Okay...well, we'd been patronizing that place for about a year, but I wasn't aware that when you walked through the front door you were actually walking into two businesses. After I spent a few minutes absorbing that explanation, I went downstairs to talk to the "manager." The manager informed me that not only was I "on the wrong side" of the building to enjoy the happy hour specials...but that there were no happy hour specials.

So I asked him if he'd even looked at the businesses web site. Because I'd looked at it just a couple hours earlier, and the web site said they had the happy hour special going on. He said he hadn't checked the web site, but that he knew the happy hour specials were no longer in effect.

The manager gave me a business card, and on the back he wrote that we would get a free appetizer the next time we went back. Well, we haven't been back. And, of course, after a few weeks in my wallet the card somehow disappeared anyway.

So while driving home I decided I'd re-check the restaurant's web site again, to make sure I read it correctly. And wouldn't you know it. By the time I got home everything that had been on the web site earlier that day discussing the happy hour specials was gone.

So, I'm not to happy about my experience with Graffiti's.

But, to be fair, the food is very good, and the service was good as well. I can't downgrade them for that. I'm not sure what happened with regard to my bill and the happy hour special that day. But I thought the manager handled it pretty poorly. I ended up paying about $50 more than I expected to pay for the bill. So offering me one free appetizer on our next visit didn't really take the "sting" out of what happened. So while our family used to dine at Graffit's once or twice a month, we haven't been back since this happened. It's a bit sad, too, because we all enjoyed the food and drinks there. It used to be one of our favorite places in Sandestin.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“WORST DINNER EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

It was new years eve, and we ( a family of 4) were all excited to eat at what was supposed to be a fun and "funky" restaurant. It was pure garbage. We were immediately placed at a really awful table location, when there was over a dozen other empty tables nearby. My father in the end had to tip off the waiter to move us, who only seemed to relent when a little cash was dangled in front of his greedy face. When our food finally arrived after around an hour long wait. I was served the chicken rustica, which I was told by staff members was amazing. It was nothing more than a purely fried chicken breast topped with disgusting sausages which tasted and had the texture similar to that of a plastic quality. All around awful. When dessert came I was served a sluce of upside down pineapple cake and a slice if tiramisu, each was about 1 inch long and 1/2 inches thick. What am I a bird or something? Total rip off! When the bill came it totalled around 500 dollars. When at most it should have been around 200, including the 50 dollar bottle of wine we all shared. Overall tje worst restautant I have EVER been to.

Would NOT recomend!!

If I could give this a 0 star rating, I would.