“Thanks For The Weekend”

Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandestin
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend after Thanksgiving at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Sandestin, Florida, and had a wonderful time. The resort was beautiful and our stay even included free bike rentals which we took advantage of, and after untold years, had a great time riding though the grounds of the resort, even if we were a little wobbly. We also went to Baytown Wharf Village located on the resort grounds, had a wonderful dinner at Graffiti's and enjoyed a wonderful evening and the atmosphere at the Wharf. This resort is a great place to stay and enjoy all that it has to offer,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear 2TimeTravelers,

We want to thank you for the great review and we are so happy to see you made many great memories during your Thanksgiving stay with us here at Sandestin. We are so pleased to see you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bike rental. The weather was perfect for winding through the many great trails we have over our 2400 acres...from beach to bay. Glad you enjoyed the Village, Graffitti's and so much more I know as we have so much to offer and so much to see. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent a long weekend in a Grand Sandestin condo in May for a friend's wedding. We had a wonderful time during our stay. The hotel is immaculate, the rooms spacious, the grounds are fantastic. You have restaurants and bars and shops, all within walking distance. With the exception of one quick trip to WalMart, for a poolside cooler to hold 350 Jell-O shots, we purchased everything we needed at the resort! All of our friends stayed in the same building and all of our balconies overlooked the pool and bay. We even booked a 4 hour sail on the Gulf one afternoon. It was a memorable trip and we will visit this resort again this year!

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view and balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheriboo
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Sheriboo,

We are so happy to see that your stay here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is one that you will always remember. We do hope you are able to join us again soon and make many more wonderful memories. We are so pleased to see that everything you needed was close by for all of your wedding party needs and you were able to enjoy so much of all we have to offer. The weather here has been great so I am sure the sail boat excursion was amazing. We have 2400 incredible acres for you to come, stay, play and make forever memories. We appreciate your business and you choosing Sandestin for such a special occassion. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I enjoyed an excellent stay at the Sandestin. I did not take advantage of the golf or tennis opportunities but the golfing area seemed beautiful to me. Our beach side unit was extremely clean, supplied with nice and extra linens. Inside the kitchen cabinets revealed any utensil, dish, bowl, pan...if one chose to cook while staying, all in excellent, like new condition. The entire unit was in like new condition. The grounds at The Grand were nicely landscaped and some blooming mid winter. The shops, boardwalks were nice. The small market offered items we needed and the nature trails were fun to explore. I saw teenagers on the basketball courts having lots of fun throughout my stay. It's conveniently located to Destin and in fact I preferred the Sandestin beach and area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear tessabear2010,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We are so pleased to see you had such a memorable time with us. There is so much to see over our 2400 acres of gorgeous golf courses, bike trails, miles of beach and bay and of course, The Village of Baytowne Wharf. So happy you were pleased with your accommodations in Beachside Towers and we know you enjoyed the amazing views of the emerald waters of the Gulf.
Please make time to join us again soon. If I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My second trip to Sandestin was this past NYE and my family had a blast. The fireworks show was as good as Disney's and it was a very festive atmosphere. The staff is the best, especially the front desk who remembered me from my summer trip. The front desk clerk that checked me in went out of her way to get me into the same room as before. My room was clean and the hotel is very beautiful. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear PlazaResortSpa,

Thank you so much for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. New Year's Eve is always a treat. You are correct...the fireworks at the Village are amazing and loved by all. We strive to see that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay and make many good memories while they are here. We are so please to see that you had a great time and were able to enjoy some of all we have to offer our registered guests. We appreciate your business and thank you for continuing to choose Sandestin to celebrate New Year's Eve. We look forward to you sharing NYE 2013 with us as well.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had planned to elope for New Year's Eve and had no clue where to stay. We chose the reasonable Luau Studios to be safe. At check-in, the staff was very nice and gave us a lot of advice on how to travel for the nights we were there. We weren't supposed to check in until 4, but when we got there at one, our room was ready. We had a great view! The tram service was great for going downtown. Now that we know this place is awesome, we will be visiting more often!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NotUrAvgYo

Dear NotUrAvgYo,

Thank you so much for choosing Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort for your most recent stay in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return. We are so glad to see you had such an amazing stay with us. Luau is such a great property and the location is perfect. You can take advantage of wonderful resort views as well as great ocean views, wonderful sunsets and sunrises all from the balconies at Luau as well as the Observation Deck. We do hope you had a chance to take advantage of some of our complimentary amenities we offer our registered guests. Come join us again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

At check in, we were given our room number, floor number, building assignment and number of baths in the unit, only the room number was correct ! The unit itself was tired, worn carpeting, large marks on some of the walls, couch needs replacing.....most of the retail on the beach side is gone, leaving a "ghost-town" effect......this used to be a great place, but not anymore !

Room Tip: Buildings on the beach side are very windy during the winter season, recommend the village side.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zburger1211
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear zburger1211,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. I am so sorry about the issues you experienced and the inconveniences you encountered while you were here. I apologize for the condition of your assigned unit. We are currently working with our owners to upgrade all of our rental units for the 2013 season. We do hope you had a chance to take advantage of some of the many complimentary amenities we offer our registered guests. I would be happy to discuss your stay in detail if you would like. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com. We appreciate your business and do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was a great find! I am stationed in Biloxi, MS and Destin is a quick fun getaway...although in peak seasons it can get rather pricey. My sister, her 7 wk old son, my mom, myself and my two children (ages 7 and 5) made a quick one night road trip so my New York family could see the amazing beaches. We decided on The Grande after several (somewhat frustrating) phone calls with Sandestin. We booked a 2 bedroom condo and were told we could check in early. Upon arrival there were no rooms available but that they would call us when one was ready and that it wouldn't take long. 4 hrs later still no phone call. However, when the room was ready it was worth the wait! The space was amazing, plenty of room for 6 people. The kitchen was well equipt and the entire room was amazingily clean. The patio was huge (we could have had a cocktail party!) and had an amazing view. The best part of The Grande (not forgetting it's awesome lobby, and beautiful grounds!) is it's location. It's fantastic to walk to Baytowne warf and have the option of taking the tram anywhere else on property you need/want to go. Baytowne Warf is so much fun! It has great resturants, shops and things to do. Lots of nightly entertainment for adults and kids. Also be sure to enjoy the resort perks...like the kayaks and 2 hrs of free bikes per day. The Grande would be a great romantic getaway too...and for any military out there they offer a fantastic military discount!! My boyfriend and I will be headed that way for my birthday...I'll be sure to post a second review from that perspective!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner rooms ....they have larger patios and cut down on noise!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank smilindazy30
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear smilindazy30,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and thank you for the 5 stay rating. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with your family here at the resort. We are pleased to see you have some time to take advantage of our complimentary amenities and all we have to offer. Please come and visit us again soon. If you have any questions about a return reservations please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandestin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
The Henderson - A Salamander Beach & Spa Resort
Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!