Excellent location for group trip or reunion. Many activities, shopping, dining, and entertainment to keep everyone busy and safe in one place.
However, I was there alone for business and became a little bored on the compound after second night. With a rental car it was a quick trip to Destin proper or venture 20 min east to Seaside. Either way you're in a great location to enjoy the resort or wander around a bit.
Cons-Room left a little bit to be updated. Toliet had been scrubbed so much the white paint was coming off. Thick shag carpet..eh. There's no tolietries availavle either comp, vending or sundries stand. You are in the middle of a very large resort so you'd think they'd have a little shop or something for emergencies. Come prepared. This stay was at the end of the season so the hallways were always vacent...a little Shining creepy.
Pros-Kitchenette was perfect and had everything you needed to dine a few meals on a budget or actually enjoy the leftovers from the night before. Pool and hottubs were great. Beach access great even if you are staying on the Bayside. Tram will drive you over. Staff was beyond helpful and super sweet.
Bottom line, I would love to get a couple friends together and all meet here for a vacation. There was plenty to do for a family and concidering the ave price in the area, cost was fair if not great for amenities provided.
Bonus- Gulf swimming and sunset worth the trip.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Orbitz, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandestin Golf And Beach Hotel Sandestin
- Sandestin Hotel And Beach
- Sandestin Resort And Beach
- Sandestin Golf Beach Resort
- Sandestin Resort Florida