“Sandestin Luau”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandestin
Marietta, Georgia
“Sandestin Luau”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We rented a 3 bedroom condo at the Luau for a girls getaway. There were 6 of us and we all loved the condo and the whole resort. I had read other reviews on here that said rooms were not up to date or not clean. Our condo was spotless and the decor was very nice, as featured on the stock photo the resort has on its website. We were surprised that there were no cleaning supplies, a roll of paper towels, or dish soap and we had to go back to the grocery store to pick up those essentials. The condo was spacious enough that it never felt cramped. The walk across the parking lot to the beach was very short - 4-5 minutes, and the beach was unbelievable! We used the kayak one day and the boys at the little shack on the beach were very helpful with that. Other girls borrowed the bikes and used the fitness center for a class. We took the tram to go out to eat and never had to wait more than a few minutes. Lunch at Finz by the beach was delicious, and although the service was quick, the kitchen was a little slow to get the food out. Overall, the resort and the condo more than met my expectations and I would definitely recommend it to friends!

Room Tip: We were on the 18th floor facing the ocean and the views were amazing. I think that even if you wer...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Sally P,

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We certainly appreciate your business. It looks as though you and your friends had a great "Girls Getaway". We have so much to offer and tons of great things to do...from beach chairs to bikes to kayaks to YOLO boarding to shopping and eating. We are so pleased you were happy with your unit and there was enough space for all. Luau is a great place and has the only salt water pool we have on property. From Luau you can experience amazing sunrises and sunsets from the Observation Deck on the 20th floor as well. Again, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your 2013 "Girls Getaway" with us here at Sandestin!
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Spent three days attending a meeting. The room was small, had NO CHAIR, NO DESK & no drawer space. Refrigerator was ancient. TV was 12" Emerson with very poor picture. When I complained I was told by Beth [--] that I shuold have gotten a more expensive room. I pain $216 per night and have NEVER stayed in worse accomadations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gator884
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Well, the room was clean, that is as far as I can go with "kudos". The "Studio/Condo" was little more than an oversized closet. The room didn't even have as much as a chair in the unit. Two queen sized beds, 2 night stands and an old beat up small dresser that held an outdated small (did I say small?) TV. The bathroom had only one towel bar and the sink was held up by two makeshift metal poles, or it would have fallen off the wall. There was no area in the bathroom to lay out your cosmetics or personal items, and no place to dry a towel, other than 1 towel bar,
The comical thing is, the room had a full set of flatware, plates, glasses, and place mats, but there was no table and chairs to use them at. There were no plastic cups available to take to the pool and the snack bar was not ever open at the pool to purchase refreshments. Although, the pool area was very nice!
We called when we discovered no Wi-Fi, they sent up an Ethernet cord, but there was no connection (it was not our computer).
Signage in the hallways of the rooms was terrible. We entered from the guest parking garage and had a hard time trying to figure out how to exit to the "Baytowne Wharf" area.
The Baytowne Wharf area was interesting, but the customer service was not there. Nearly every place we went (restaurants), the staff was pre-occupied with their lap tops and iPhones, and we seemed to be intruding. The only place that we received excellent service and food was at the Marlin Grill. We tended to gravitate there, since the bartender and other staff, were super friendly and helpful.
It was made known to us by everywhere we went, that this time of year is "dead" and "off season" (Sept-May), so it was surprising that we did not get better customer service, as one would assume they were not over worked, and it appeared they could really use more business.
Overall, it was a "ho-hum" experience, and I am not in a rush to return to the Sandestin Resort, but the beaches are gorgeous in that area!!

Room Tip: Don't opt for the "studio condo" in Baytowne Wharf area, way too small.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terry W
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Terry W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Sandestin on your most recent trip to the area. I am saddened to see you were not completely satisfied with your accomodations. We have many other unit types available that may better suit your needs for your next stay. One of our reservation specialist will be happy to assist you. Glad you were able to check out the Village and what we have to offer. I apologize for the lack of customer service you received from some of the restaurant staff you encountered. This certainly is not what Sandestin is all about. The Marlin Grill was a great choice...great food and drinks for sure. We do hope you will visit us again and enjoy all of our complimentary amenities and all we have to offer. If I can be of assistance please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and we look forward to you visiting again soon.

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in this studio Sept. 21-23. What I loved about this unit: the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Since housekeeping took all day to prepare our room, we got the bay view which was amazing; otherwise, our reservation was for the golf view. We were told housekeeping has up to 6 p.m. to prepare rooms. Staff was very accommodating. The only problem with the unit was that the hair dryer in the bathroom didn't work well (outlet plate loose as were with some of the others). There was an additional hair dryer in the closet which I wasn't sure was the replacement or was left behind. I brought my own so I used it. Our TV was very fuzzy but my husband giggled the connection and it cleared up for the rest of our stay. Room was a little musty but we raised the air condition and that was taken care of. All in all, I would definitely stay here again. Also, I got a great rate of $99/nite.

Room Tip: I got a good rate because I opted to receive their promotions which are available on their site. I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pattyj013054
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear pattyj,
Thank you so much for your review. We are honored you chose to stay with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. So glad that you enjoyed LeCiel and all it has to offer. I see we were able to accomodate you in a bay view room...there are the most amazing views and sunsets from the balconies at LeCiel. We hope you were able to take advantage of some of the wonderful complimentary amenities we offer as well. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered in your unit. We strive to accommodate each and every guest and appreciate your feedback. We use this feedback to improve our operation and guests service on a daily basis. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com.
We look forward to your next stay with us here at Sandestin!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Sandestin, located along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay in Northwest Florida, boasts The Village of Baytowne Wharf. This area features an array of boutiques, eateries, galleries and nightlife-- not to mention a jam-packed schedule of outdoor festivals and special events for the entire family. This spectacular setting, all within the gates of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, is the perfect spot to spend a vibrant afternoon or evening. You can find everything from Cajun to funky and fresh. One of your most memorable stops will be enjoying a delicious snowball at Tony LaRue’s. Tony LaRue’s snowballs are like no other you’ll find anywhere else! Some of Sandestin’s annual celebrations include:

Spring—The Village Goes Green for St. Patrick’s Day festivities; A Basketful of Fun at Easter; ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival on Mother’s Day Weekend

Summer—Concerts under the Stars, Fourth of July Celebration, Annual Triathlon

Fall—Canines on the Catwalk; Baytowne Film Festival; Beaujolais Nouveau Holiday Kick-off Celebration

Winter—First Night Sandestin on New Year’s Eve; Great Southern Gumbo Cook-off; Mini Mardi Gras

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Marika F,

Wow, thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We certainly appreciate your business. It looks like you and your family totally enjoyed every bit of what Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort has to offer. I see you had a snowball!!! They are the best ever! We do have some amazing events throughout the year and they are so much fun for all ages. Maybe you and your family can come back and visit during one of the other times tou listed and enjoy everything from fireworks to festivals.
Again, we appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice hotel, clean, but the beach was totally too crowded. Destin has beautiful beaches, but a little to crowded for my liking. Had to pay for parking. Traffic is bad during the summer months.
Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear DMAJMT,

Thank you for staying with us during your most recent visit to the Destin area. We appreciate your business and are happy to see you enjoyed your time here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. I am sorry to see you may not have enjoyed the beach to the fullest extent dues to the occupancy. We apologize for that as we do have the most beautiful beaches on the coast. Please come and visit us again soon and take advantage of all of the amenities we have for our guests. Again, thank you for choosing Sandestin and we look forward to your return.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed in a condo in Observation Point. The condo was very dirty! There was blood on the curtains, mold in the shower, ripped up carpet, cigarette burns on a nightstand, broken closets, thick dust all over the condo! I brought this to the attention of the manager and she was rude and even after seeing the room, still wanted me to pay full price for my stay! The front desk was rude! Housekeeping was rude! I would never stay at this resort again!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank DMAJMT
Dear DMAJMT,
Thank you for staying with us here at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Please know these service standards are unacceptable here at Sandestin. I would like to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay at your earliest convenience. Please contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandestin
Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
The Henderson - A Salamander Beach & Spa Resort
Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
30A Suites
30A Suites
#1 of 1 in Santa Rosa Beach

Been to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!