“Best Breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Breakfast”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was our favorite place to go for breakfast. We dined here twice on our 5 day visit. They have the best omelettes. I love that the bacon is baked (that's how I cook mine at home). My children loved the potatoes LOL! The first time we went, my DH ordered the french toast sausage and eggs, the second time he ordered pancakes and they were huge. He got the same sides. I was a little surprised at how expensive our check was the first time around. It was approx. $54 before the tip. Pretty pricey for a breakfast that comprised of two kids meals. But they always get you when the drinks aren't included in the kids meals. Our waiter the first time was less than average, but our second visit was much better as far as service is concerned. Second visit, our check came out to about $38 (only ordered one drink and waters this time). I'm so glad that they recently opened one here in Buckhead (Atlanta, GA) as this will be my new breakfast/brunch spot. Great food! I highly recommend the omelette and potatoes! (By the way, there's two locations in Sandestin. One at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort and the other at Baytowne Wharf.) This review is for the former.

• Visited July 2011

Memphis, Tennessee
“I'd rather skip breakfast”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We heard so much about this place, so decided we had to try it. This particular location is a challenge to find if you are not staying at the resort. Its in a great little shopping area and the place was crowded. We got seated right away, but it took forever for our server to introduce herself. The menu has a vraiety of dishes, not of which are classic breakfast dishes...they all have a "twist" of some kind. The four of us placed our orders, which seemed to take forever to get. When they did arrive, the food was warm at best and we just didn't care for the taste of it. None of us finished our dishes. We paid our very over-priced bill, left a small tip, and went on our way. There are way better places to have breakfast.

• Visited May 2011
Owensboro, KY
“Eggcellent choice for breakfast!”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Okay, so I just couldn't resist the play on words in the title! We had heard great things about Another Broken Egg for years, as the original Destin site has been in operation for many years now. Since we don't usually go out for breakfast, we'd never been there. Then we had the opportunity to try the location in Sandestin, as we were staying on the resort property for business purposes. It did not disappoint! Yes, you'll probably have to wait. Yes, it's a bit crowded inside and noisy. But the food was wonderful. I had the cinnamon roll french toast, which is just what it says: cinnamon rolls dipped in egg, baked, covered with a bit of cream cheese frosting and bananas foster sauce, then topped with fresh berries and whipped cream. Fantastic! And actually, the portion was just right...I ate it all and felt full, but not miserable. The coffee was a little less than desirable, but I have a pretty discerning palate when it comes to coffee. You can come as you are and enjoy a wide selection, with the obvious emphasis being omelets. My daughter especially liked her chocolate milk that came in a big glass with chocolate syrup swirls and whipped cream on top. I have seen some comments about the prices and honestly, it's a resort, people. Everything here is costly. I actually though this place was priced better than most. It is certainly more than Waffle House, but hey, the food is in a whole other class. I would certainly recommend giving this place a try. And they do take reservations, fyi.

• Visited June 2011
“Excellent breakfast at resort prices”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Recommend highly if you go with specific expectations. Crowds if you go late morning and $10 or more per person. We went to the Conference Center location @ Baytowne and were seated immediately @ 8:30. Service was good, relatively quick. Food was varied and excellent. Would go again; just don't expect inexpensive.

• Visited May 2011
Melbourne, fl
“Sunday breakfast”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I have never seen someone charge so much for eggs! The items as described on the menu are nothing like what is served. The service sucked, and they switched on bill whit someone else's. Bottom-line don't bother with this place.