“MOVED. Will reopen in Johns Pass (Madeira Beach)”
Review of Cafe Alma - CLOSED

Cafe Alma
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alma is a gathering place fashioned to the European cafe, a welcoming spot celebrating life, community, culture, art, and intellect. Open from lunch to late night, the atmosphere sets the mood for the stimulating yet charmingly straight forward International dishes. The Madeira Beach, Johns Pass Village is ideal for enjoying amazing selection of libation and easy to share Tapas. Alma provides the perfect date night or a family and friends gathering.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Sorry to see them leave downtown - was always a local favorite. I'm sure the new digs will be great - much larger. Good luck Cafe Alma!!

1  Thank seaskills

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went on a weeknight, and they had great drink and appetizer specials as well as awesome live music. The food was great, and it was a cool vibe with the music and couch-booths. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was my second time dining in Cafe Alma and have never had a bad experience here. The server Tyler was amazing and very knowledgeable about the menu. I love the atmosphere there and very cute on the inside. Their brunch is fantastic I recommend getting one of the poached egg meals or the French toast, to die for! Also 1/2 off tapa Tuesdays couldn't have asked to be more perfect. I highly recommend this spot it's definitely a gem.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Went to lunch to Cafe Alma - had a club sandwich which turned out to be mediocre; I really expected more. The service was slow and there is no reason to return as St. Petersburg has many alternatives better than this restaurant.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had never been here before after living in St. Pete for a long time. We were with a party of 5 on a Saturday night @ 7, and had gone to Red Mesa downtown with no reservation, but it was PACKED. an hour wait. We should have waited. Walked around the corner to Cafe Alma and it was empty. First clue. AC was out, Second clue ( in fairness about half way through our meal it was fixed). The ambiance is nice if a bit dark. We sat at a back table with benches that are too low and far away from the table, even with pillows. In general we found the food to be overpriced given the lack of imagination of the menu. The food was unevenly prepared, two of us ordered the same item and received plates prepared very differently. We stuck with entrees versus tapas, and perhaps we should have stuck with tapas. My fish was rock hard bone dry and served in a 1/2" deep muddy watery mess of a sauce tasting bland, to a hint of garlic ginger. the Wilted garlic spinach was so oily as to be inedible as was the rest of my meal. They DID offer to return it for something else,which I did not do so as not to hold up everyone else at the table. I tried to eat it but stopped midway. Just not worth it. The waitstaff was VERY nice and apologetic AND they gave us half off the item on the bill ( since I ate half i guess?). Would NOT return here.