“Good restaurant before snowbirds arrive.”
Review of Cafe Alma - CLOSED

Cafe Alma
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alma is a gathering place fashioned to the European cafe, a welcoming spot celebrating life, community, culture, art, and intellect. Open from lunch to late night, the atmosphere sets the mood for the stimulating yet charmingly straight forward International dishes. The Madeira Beach, Johns Pass Village is ideal for enjoying amazing selection of libation and easy to share Tapas. Alma provides the perfect date night or a family and friends gathering.
tampa florida
“Good restaurant before snowbirds arrive.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Live jazz (Thursday and Sunday). Food good. Belgian triple beer on draft-careful, very strong. Place was very quiet until around 8:30.

Visited October 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I had a delicious brunch yesterday. This was the first time I had visited. The menu was quite varied and we each really enjoyed our choices. Two of us had omelettes, one had a chicken sandwich and the other had a salmon dish. We sat outside, at a sidewalk table, which was lovely; when I went into the restaurant to use the bathroom, I can't say that I was drawn to the interior. It seemed very dark and felt a bit cramped for my taste. I would HIGHLY recommend Cafe Alma and we are already planning on eating there again in the near future.

Tampa, Florida
“Very Good Food but misleading specials”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Firstly, the food quality and taste profiles are exceptionally good. My companion and I shared 7 Tapas last Saturday and enjoyed 6 of them very much. You may want to skip the Green Tomatoes, as the fruit was a little hard and flavorless. Regardless, the remaining items were pleasantly surprising in terms of flavor, creativity, and size [larger than normal Tapas portion]. My only complaint regards their advertisement on their own website, which pushes 1/2 Tapas during early dinner as well as a $15 dollar Prix Fixe Menu. However, when we order the waiting staff know nothing about either option. In fact, the aforementiond menu was priced at $27 dollars. After complaining, the owner agreed to allow us to order some Tapas for 1/2 price but nothing involving fresh seafood. Moreover, the 1/2 drinks were very limited with only low end domestic beers and house wines offered. I tried the house Merlot and it was good but the portion was literally 1/4, the normal pour in any other restaurant. Even with the free other half, the drink did not amount to even one full glass of wine. In addition, this half cup of wine was priced at $9.00. Give it a try because of the food quality and tastes but beware the cost and false advertisment.

Greer, South Carolina
“Different”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Sunday not the best night to be here. Jazz night. Not a fan.But, was here for the food. We enjoyed the Hummus salad, Sauteed Calamari and Bronzed Red Grouper. All well prepared. Service was very good and atmosphere nice.Was not disappointed in our choice to dine here. Just loud due to the jazz, but the food is very good. I'll be back, just not Sunday night.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“a great happy hour place in St. Pete”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great drinks and wonderful appetizers all at a perfect price -- The best Happy Hour in St. Petersburg Florida. The staff is very friendly. A totally great experience.

• Visited September 2013