“Nice Pub” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courigan's Irish Pub
Ranked #183 of 892 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: A cozy Locals Irish Pub with great pub food served from 11am til 12midnight or later every night . 29 beers on tap, full liquor bar with a great selection of Irish Whiskeys and Scotches . Happy Hour Monday thru Friday 3pm-7pm , with live music 5 nights a week.
Palm Bay, Florida
“Nice Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were in town for the St Pete Grand Prix. Food served at vendor tents at any sporting event leaves something to be desired, so we left the property both days and went to Courigan's, which was just outside one of the gates.

The first day, we each had the Reuben, along with a basket of fries and a drink. The food was very tasty, hot, and served by a very pleasant waitress. Highly recommend.

The second day, we each had a burger, different types. Unfortunately, they were quite busy, as this was race day. The result was that although lots of drinks were being served, we didn't see food coming out of the kitchen. After waiting quite awhile, I asked the waitress about it. She checked, said it would be out shortly, and said everyone was ordering burgers, and the grille was very small(??) Actually, I didn't see any food coming out, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

In any event, the food arrived shortly after we asked about it, and again, was very good.

I'd recommend this place, and will probably be back next time we're in town, but just be prepared for a wait when they are busy.

• Visited March 2014

Venice, Florida
“Courigans Irish Pub is a culinary disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We arrived early to get a bit to eat before our Segway tour. We had had a somewhat dismal experience there several weeks ago when the tour was rained out. At that time we tried the pizza which was less than good.

This time the hamburgers took forever to arrive. My wife's, ordered medium, was so rare we were surprised it did not moo. It was more like tartare than a cooked hamburger.

My bother-in-law grilled chicken sandwich was raw on the inside. We had to have it returned and reordered.

Needless to say, we will never ever eat there again and would caution anyone else to avoid this place as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pete B, General Manager at Courigan's Irish Pub, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hello, my name is Pete, I'm the manager of the Pub, I would first like to apologize to you about your experience, you must have been quite upset to write such a negative review. What day of the week and time of did you dine ? I assume it was during the daytime because you mentioned the Segway tours. If I'm aware of the shift, I can identify the workers and attempt to correct whatever issues I can. For example, if it was this past Sunday, we had a new cook on the line, and we can further train that associate or change the direction.
I'm am thoroughly surprised that any chicken would go out undercooked, as well as our certified angus beef burger, as our cooks are trained to use thermometers to check temps on all meats before selling.

In regards to our pizza, in 5 years I've have not had more than one or two complaints about our pizza, which we make by hand in the restaurant. We,in fact, have hundreds of locals that rave about our pizzas, and they are very big sellers, but perhaps we missed the mark with yours.

I understand that you are upset and likely to never come back, but in the future when patronizing other places, I would ask on their behalf that you form a complaint there, on-site so that we can correct the issue at the time a make a pitch to earn a repeat visit. It is important for us to get feedback from our guests and is a common mantra amongst my colleagues in the Hospitslity industry.

Lastly, I would like to say thank you for posting your review, it should help us minimize complacency during this time, as in the past 4-6 months we have been experiencing record sales and a huge increase in business. We are selling more food than ever out of our tiny kitchen and subsequently we are experiencing some growing pains, pains that we unfortunately shared with you and your family on your last visit. Take care, god bless and have a great day-week-month-year.

Cordially,
Pete Boland
Courigan's Irish Pub
Tampa, Florida
“Valentine's Dinner for 17 SPSPS Members”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Thanks to Pete the manager of Courigans for accommodating our group at the last minute. A great time was had by all!

• Visited February 2014
Thank you very much!
It was a pleasure to be at your service !
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Go back for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

A little off the beaten path - beach street south. The menu is outstanding; can eat a different meal every night for two weeks or more (and I don't mean just different hamburgers!). Their shepherd's pie is great - along with the bangers and mash, and yes - the hamburgers are superb. I tried the different brews but it did feel strange asking for a 'One Night Stand'. The young people working there are very friendly and we had an excellent meal each time we visited. It almost made me wish I lived in St. Pete.

Visited January 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are working very hard to make all of our wonderful patrons happier when they leave our Pub than when they arrived.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Neighborhood Irish bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I frequent this venue quite a bit. Pete, the bar manager, prides himself on you getting the best service available. The food is always delicious, even the late night menu! Ladies night draws a good crowd and the music is always reliable. Stop in and enjoy a pint!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your loyal patronage and kind words. I look forward to your next visit.