“Delicious!”

Ichiban Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #268 of 920 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been to Ichiban quite a number of times, and the food has been great every single one. Their sweet potato sushi is a must.

1  Thank Jennifer W
There are newer reviews for Ichiban Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The squid salad was spicy and crunchy. Both the Elizabeth and St Petersburg rolls looked and tasted amazing. We'll go back.

2  Thank Anna D
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Whenever I travel I look to find a sushi restaurant. My usual place in St. Pete closed so I was on the hunt for a new restaurant. I read several reviews of this restaurant so I figured it was worth a shot. Let me just say I have found a new sushi place! I ordered the Tuna roll and the Dumb and Dumberer roll another roll I can't recall and the sashimi appetizer. I sat at the bar where I usually do when I dine alone, and the chefs kept up great conversation while they made my dinner. The fish was fresh and cold. It was some of the best I have had in a long time.

1  Thank David H
Reviewed October 18, 2011

For several years, Ichiban has been our sushi restaurant of choice in St. Petersburg. The food is fresh, the prices are reasonable, and Bobby, the owner, always greets us with a warm smile. The servers, especially David, are attentive and hospitable. The only room for improvement would be the seating. The booths are bench-style, made of hard molded plastic, and are uncomfortable. The seat backs at the sushi bar are permanently angled and do not provide any back support. If the seats were better, I might stay longer.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I have been going to this sushi bar for 3 years. We've tried several other sushi places, but this is the best. We keep a list of their sushi with us so we get to try a new one each visit.

Our favorite? the Clearwater roll. We recently tried their fruit-infused japanese wine. It was also good.