“Bed experience”

Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is very clean but the mattress was too soft for me because I have a bad back and need a reasonably hard surface to sleep on. The rooms filter the street noise but not from inside the building.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Harry M,
Thank you for the response, sorry that the firmness of your bed was not to your liking. We take pride in the quality and comfort of our beds. Please let us know next time, and we can try to find a room with a bed that better suits your needs.
Have a great day

There are newer reviews for Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Rude front desk staff. You have to pay an additional $14 per day for parking and you may not even get parking as they have events in their hotel all the time. Making a reservation was difficult as I felt the lady was going to decide if I could stay there or not. This is the worst service I have received from a Hilton

Ruby Ann R,
We are all sorry for the service you recieved while staying with us. It should be noted though, that the secured parking fee(which for a city we find to be very fair) is always refunded if parking for some reason becomes unavailable. We do have many large functions that take place at our hotel. Alothough we man the gate to make sure that only guests are parking, the lot does still fill up sometimes. Pleas know that we are using your comments to better our guest experience in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Could not check in until 5:00 pm due to being short staffed in housekeeping department. No linens for pull out sofa bed-asked 3 times for them to be delivered-finally had to go to the desk myself to get them. I heard, "I apologize" a lot, but no real resolution to problems identified. Shower head broken, not enough staff, poor service. Stay at the Hampton Inn down the block.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Abbie L,
I am verry sorry to hear about the problems that occured during your stay with us. Please know that this is not indicative of our hotel, and we will use your comments to further our service in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We just spent two weekdays at this St. Petersburg Bayfront Hilton and it will be the last time for us at a Hilton. To start, the clerk at check-in gave us only twos piece of information and they were "parking is $14.00 per day and no more king size beds are available." Then the real deterioration began. The room had no end tables the bathroom was so small that there was no room to hang towels from the wall but had to be stored under the sink. The WiFi was non existent as we could not connect with our computers in the room. The maid service left much to be desired. Towels were forgotten to be replaced as was soap, shampoo and wash clothes. No snacks were offered at the bar, where a Martin costs $10.95 plus tax and tip. Lighting was terrible. The desk lamp could not be moved onto the center of the desk but could only be placed on the far end where light could not strike the work area where it was needed. The light in the bathroom was so bad that my wife had a very difficult time applying her makeup. The TV was satisfactory.

Room Tip: If it were not necessary for business reasons I would have stayed at the Hampton which is about two...
1  Thank johnnietentoes
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Johnnietentoes,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. It sounds like your stay started off on the wrong foot, the information we gave you should have been communicated differently. That being said, parking does cost extra as in any downtown hotel. I was not aware of your situation while you were here, but I'm sure we offered and did move you into a king room when one became available, if that was not the case then I am very sorry. The bathrooms are compact, but this is due to the age of our property and we try our best to equip them in the most convienent fashion possible. Our wifi signal is actually quite strong for in room use, you just need to be a Hilton Honors member(free signup rewards program) or purchase it for $9.95 a night. Snacks should and, to my knowledge, are always offered at the lovely Dali Bar and I am sorry if they hadn't yet been put out while you were there. There is no excuse for the housekeeping oversights, but rest assured we are adressing those issues. I am also sorry the room layout was not to your liking, but I wasn't aware of any issue with them. We have recieved overwhelmingly positive reviews about our recently renovated rooms. We are sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay, please come see us again soon and we will show you the real Hilton experience.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The good is that the bed is comfortable, and that there is a good desk with a comfortable chair for working. Even though I apparently had a renovated room, it didn't feel renovated. The carpets were very dark, and the dresser flimsy. I found the air conditioner was loud, even when the fan was on low, which made it difficult to sleep. When sitting at the desk, cold air blows from the AC onto the back of ones neck. The windows can't be opened, which is a shame, as the outside air temperature was perfect, and I wouldn't have had to use the AC if I could have opened the windows. As pointed out by others, the bathroom is small by today's standards, but it functions fine, one you find the electrical outlet on the side of the vanity beside the toilet.

I appreciated the free wifi, which counts for a lot, and the safe in the closet. Overall the hotel is fine, and the staff friendly, but b/c of the AC sleep was somewhat difficult.

Curt99,
Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to improving our guest experience. We are sorry for the issues in your room, but we will certainly address them moving forward. Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last three weeks for work in Downtown St Pete. I found it to be ok, but nothing special.

First the not so good
1. the water pressure is non existent
2. outlets in strange locations for coffee make and hairdryer both.
3. I had to call 3 times and wait 45 minutes for a room service menu.
4. TINY bathroom (i know its a hotel but really its very small)
5. the renovating, the smell at times from whatever they are doing was overwhelming

The good:
1. great location
2. nice staff
3. nice size rooms
4. executive lounge

Overall its a good value and its in the right spot as far as being close to all the action on Beach Dr.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

vtoria9981,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy that enjoyed our staff and accomodations. As far as the negative parts of your stay; we are working through the renovation process, which can be testing at times. We will use your comments to raise our level of service in the mentioned areas. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the weekend for a friends wedding. The staff here are very friendly and helpful. Very good service. I would say the rooms are in need of a renovation. We stayed in a suite and it needed to be updated. I was also surprised that barely anyone at all was ever out by the pool. Therefore the bar was never open. If you needed a drink it was quite a walk. It seems like this may be more of a business hotel than for vacationers.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

ah8898,
Thank you for the review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you got a suite on one of our unrenovated floors. We are currently renovating all 333 rooms and should be done by the new year. While we are primarily a business hotel, we do also welcome vacationers to our lovely city. In regards to the pool bar, we do tend only to open when there is demand for it and it sounds like there wasn't much at the time of your stay.
Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to your return visit!