“Business Trip”

Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Overall great experience. Part of the Polygon group and have stayed at your hotel for all Polygon gatherings. Appreciation for great service and attention. A shorter survey would be nice. I am at my place of business and although I find it important to keep up with customer satisfaction, I am not thinking about the Hilton Hotel when I am at work....Self proclaimed workaholic. Thanks again for a great experience and very comfortable setting. Very convenient. Definitely recommended for business conferences and vacations. Kind regards.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words, Andrew B. We certainly appreciate the review and look forward to the next time you stay with us. See you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,685)

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staff was good, room location was good; matress was HORRIBLE; probably should have been replaced at least 5 years ago. CAUTION: Check serviceability of mattress immediately, don't wait until bed time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review Karla J. I am happy that your stay was good, but bothered by the condition of your mattress. We pride ourselves on the comfort of our beds and having a worn out mattress is certainly an issue. I hope that you reported the issue while in house so that we could replace the bed. We hope you come try out some of our other beds soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Check in was arduous at best with a long line and most people being told their rooms weren't ready even though it was after 5 and check in was at 3. We heard staff say they had been full so housekeeping could not get it done on time. No welcome to the Hilton, no info on wifi or breakfast until we called back down to desk. Our room was fine. The second afternoon, we had no towels by 4:30 pm and we were told they were running behind because they were full again, but we would have our towels in 20 minutes. Two hours later we still no towels, so could not clean up before dinner. I asked to see a manager, but only a front desk supervisor was available who treated us rather condescendingly and said there was nothing they could do, that this was to be expected on game weekends. The next morning we again asked to speak to the manager, but were told he was busy in a meeting. When I insisted on speaking with the manager, I was put through and told he had no time to speak to me because he was in the middle of a renovation. I further requested to speak to him and waited 10 minutes longer than he had said. Neither the manager or front desk supervisor even apologized for no towels and just stated it was to be expected when they were full. When I suggested they needed to rent towels from a linen service when they were full, the manager advised they were doing all they could do, given their assets. If a hotel is not equipped to provide guests the minimum of necessities, when full, perhaps they should not rent out all their rooms. I was contacted by the assistant front end manager after I answered their survey and she said they had already taken steps to alleviate the problem. However, I would question that as her two higher bosses said flatly there was nothing they could do. Perhaps corporate Hilton could use this hotel as an example of what their hotels should not do.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review MiRobTLH. I am sorry to hear about the events that took place during your stay. During busy weekends we certainly do face issues, but that is no excuse for the service you recieved. We are working daily to improve our service and are also in the process of a full scale room renovation at the moment, we hope that you come visit us again so we can show you our improvements.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am in St Pete regularly on business and have stayed at a number of locations in the area. The Bayfront Hilton is my favorite. It is within walking distance of most museums and restaurants on the waterfront. The hotel also seems to offer some great deals online.

Room Tip: Ask for upper level rooms which have unobstructed views of the bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the review, getteedoff. We are happy to be your choice destination when visiting Downtown St. Petersburg. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked the Hilton for the second time in 30 days. This is a first class Hotel on the Bayfront in St. Petersburg FL and the location, cleanliness, operation and service are of great value. Rooms are well appointed with seating and comfortable beds. Shower has nice water pressure and the rooms are quiet. AC was nice and cool and we had a nice view of the small airport and bay. We utilized the Starbucks on premises daily and we also enjoyed the big swimming pool and the inviting seating areas in the lobby. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, and although they advertise eggs to order, there was not really a push to take your order. The scrambled eggs were sufficient. We loved the water dispensers in the lobby and looked forward each day to this nice touch. After the business we needed to take care of each day, we found our evening downtime at the Hilton relaxing in the Pool, Lobby or Lounge. The restaurants in and around St Petes were amazing and we found that we could walk almost anywhere. The $14.95 parking fee was fair as all of St Petes requires some type of parking permit. Our rental car was safe on this lot and we could enter and exit easily as many times as we liked. We will book here again. The only downside was the spa which I will review separately.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, MarkandCarol19. We appreciate all of the feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was our first time staying in St. Petersburg although we live just north of Tampa. We took the weekend to enjoy the local scene and choose this spot for the location. The Hilton has a beautiful spot just shy of the Inner Bay. No matter where you're put in the hotel there's a view of some kind - the Inner Bay and Dali was ours. The staff was super friendly and the hotel was amazing and spotless. We ate at the hotel restaurant and enjoyed the pool which was really nice, shaded and perfect for our family. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to enjoy St. Pete. Make sure you get our and enjoy the spots around - so many great dinning options, views and dessert shops!

We will be back again - thank you for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Parking is an additional $16.00 but totally worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
daveprophet, General Manager at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Dani A, thank you for your review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look foward to seeing you on your next visit, D Prophet GM

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm usually very generous when it comes to reviews, but I felt this hotel was just average. Compared to other hotels, I just felt like I wasn't valued being a Hilton Honors member. I stayed for 1 night.

Check-in: Checking in was pretty quick. Staff was friendly, nothing to complain. 5/5

Room: Wasn't able to get an upgrade during this stay, but it's based on availability, so can't complain about that. Was on the 7th floor. The room was a bit small compared to other Hiltons that I've stayed that. It would be more suitable just for one person IMO. What's disappointing was that the lamp was falling apart and the room was missing one of the bedside tables. Bed was very comfortable though, so it wasn't that bad.

Parking: The parking lot gets VERY full at night, so try and get their early. Parking is $14. If it gets full, you can park on the street or at the parking garage THREE BLOCKS away. There is no valet. My recommendation is if parking is going to be offsite, at least introduce some form of valet service and the parking garage is not really next door and there are multiple parking garages on the way there.

Breakfast: Complimentary breakfast is available for gold and diamond members in the executive lounge. However, it is only continental breakfast. (not a bad price compared to other Hiltons)

Overall, I don't think I would stay at this hotel again. I just feel that the rooms are a bit dated and small, and parking was a pain. Nothing seem to have gone right for this visit. I think I would stay again if there are better perks for Hilton Honor members.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
daveprophet, General Manager at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Gate Guardian, thank you for your comments, we are reviewing our HH benefits and I am sorry you had such difficulty with the parking, I am pleased to tell you we are currently refreshing all of our guest rooms so next time you return to St Pete I hope you will choose to stay with us again, Thanks, D Prophet GM