Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
  • Breakfast included
$152
Staybridge.com
$119
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$94
$132
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$97
$178
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,759 results
All reviewsdali museumthe executive loungemahaffey theaterst petehotel is in a great locationview of the baytropicana fieldrays gamefree shuttledowntown areatangerineconferencepetersburgcvshonorspierflorida
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for two days when I could get into some of the other area hotels. While the hotel is on the water and very nicely designed the service was quite lacking. First just booking the hotel the prices were high - their website offered one price while calling in the prices were higher.
The real problem was that the city of St. Pete was having an event an as such the entrance to the hotel was blocked....I had called into the hotel several times, was even on the web and there was no mention of the issue - a courtesy I would have expected - trying to drive to the hotel, it took me 20 plus minutes to find the entrance. In addition, I paid for the rooms in advance and when I tried to call to say I was checking in late, they never assured me that my room was being held. I was forced to call back several times.....

I was not impressed at all with the service here! Nice room though.

Room Tip: Book online you will get a better rate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, I believe the event you are referring to is the St. Petersburg Grand Prix that has been taking place on our streets for about eight years now. It is certainly a time of high volume and excitement for our city and our property, unfortunately off property reservations is not always privy to event information since they deal with every Hilton and not just ours. I am sorry you had trouble parking but we put up plenty of sinage to direct our guests to our back entrance, located on the backside of the hotel. We have no control over the blocking of our entrance, and every year we improve at controling the chaos that is race week. We will certainly use your feedback to help us improve for next year.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Hilton Bayfront in St. Petersburg is a very nice facility. Nice pool, good restaurant and bar - very good rooms. Just don't go there for a professional conference like I did and expect to have a parking place in their "secure" lot when so many day visitors are trying to find parking as well. I asked the front desk what we should do when no spaces were available at mid-day when my wife returned from a shopping trip. We were told that there were two nearby parking garages that we could park in and that we'd be refunded a day's parking fee because of it. Well, we're not too happy about not being able to park in the convenient lot right next to our hotel instead of having to walk a distance from dark, dingy parking garages. If this was truly a first class hotel, they would at least have valet parking for their "paying" guests even if there was a charge. It's all a simple matter of the security for your guests. It just little things like this that make it so much easier to book a room somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

We appreciate the feedback, I understand the frustration you had with not being able to park in our lot. However our downtown location makes it very difficult to accomodate during times of high occupancy and special events. There is just no room in this urban setting to add additional parking and unfortunatley we do not offer valet, because at our facility it is rarely requested. We certainly will look into changing our methods to be more accomodating to you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to St. Pete for a couple of days and, oddly, the Hilton was priced lower than the hotel I usually stay at, the Hampton Inn. (I like the location of the Hampton better.)

This hotel was very nice -- clean, cheerful and friendly staff, well-maintained facilities, a Starbucks on the ground floor -- and I was pleased with the location over all. I prefer to be somewhat closer to Central Ave. but this was fine.

However, the hotel is a little dated. It's got popcorn ceilings, late-'80s-looking upholstery and the like. Worse, given the orientation of the hotel I don't think any guest rooms have a view of the bayfront!

Given a makeover I would stay here in a heartbeat.

As it is now the Hilton is fine, but ordinarily it won't be priced lower than the alternatives, and for ordinary situations I would instead recommend the Hampton Inn or the Pier Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank particleandparcel

Thank you for the review, we are indeed in the remodeling process that will modernize all 333 rooms. I hope you come back to see us when its done!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I travel a great deal for work and pleasure. The Hilton corporation should not be affiliated with this hotel at all. The ONLY plus is the location near the restaurants BUT the rest is sub-par from the quality of the rooms to the service of the personnel. The rooms are smaller than my closet (no joke) and has dated decor that needs to be replaced. The loud noise of the elevator kept us up all night. The low water pressure in the shower was annoying and the television never worked. After the first night, I asked for a room change and was placed in an exact room (with the exact problems) except instead of the loud noises of the elevator, we had loud noises from the stairwell door. Is there not a quite room in this whole place? There was no customer service to help as no one ever picked up the phone and the line in the front lobby was always so long. There is not enough staff to accomodate the guests. If you have a choice, I would avoid this place...not worth the money or the Hilton points.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We value your patronage and want you to know that we are working to bring our service to a higher standard everyday.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hilton is located near several sports venues, it is within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. If your attending any downtown event the Hilton is great place to stay.

The exterior of the hotel is nice, entrance to the parking is at an odd angle, so be careful when exiting the street to the hotel parking lot. The pool area looked OK, they should add a bar to the pool area in the future.

The Room are nice although they are getting dated, the counter tops in the bathrooms had burn marks on them from something. The cable TV was really bad, but they just fixed it so it is better, just the basic channels. The AC in the room works and is somewhat quiet. Light sleepers should have no problems. The beds are getting a little worn but are still comfortable. I stayed in room 1513 for over 30 plus days.

The executive lounge has some great views, that staff is great, skip the "free" breakfast its not worth it for people who like a big breakfast. They have free beer and wine every night and snacks. Say hi to John, he has to be on of the best at what he does.

The restaurant is not bad, a little over priced, but if you are to tired or lazy to walk downtown it will do. The staff is very eager and very nice. However they do not handle crowds very well, so if it is crowded, do not expected timely service, mainly during brunch.

The staff is the best, everybody was very nice and helpful, and one good thing they knew the local area so they can direct you to the better spots.

Room Tip: * South side rooms have a better view of the Grand Prix race
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your response, we appreciate the feedback! Our staff is great, we are lucky to have a whole lot of friendly, capabale, and knowledgeable people who work here.