“Fun in the Sun”

Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This Hilton hotel is absolutely fantastic! It is close to attractions, on the Trolley line, and very nice. If you are a Hilton Honors member, you are entitled to free breakfast and happy hour on the 15th floor. There is a lovely restaurant (Tangerine) which serves wonderful food and the Maitre D, Andy, is a very funny man. The rooms were nice and teh accommodations comparable to a Hampton Inn (Duvet covers, fluffy pillows). The staff is absolutely wonderful, very helpful, and the hotel van will take you to the Pier, ballpark and other places. All you need to do is ask.

Room Tip: Become a Hilton Member!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Nice property overall but several frustrations. Check in OK, I had to re enter my honors number and got upgraded to nice executive lounge on 15th floor. Free breakfast and happy hour, but only in that lounge. Building is old. Takes 5 to 6 tries to swipe key to open door to the lounge. Slowest elevators I have ever seen in a hotel. My friend had to change rooms twice due to ac problems. TV in my room would not receive espn so they swapped it out. Parking lot filled up one night due to an event so they opened up a bank lot.

Room Tip: Go up but be ready for slow vator
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed for 1 night. Found the room, location to be very satisfactory. Service is excellent & responsive. My room had air conditioner that was not cooling properly. It took a little long to move to a room with better A/C but I can't complain. Staff is attentive & friendly. There's other parking options: Northern Trust Bank lot (only $5); and street parking (free 6pm-9am). Would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank IsabellaFL
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Another unexpected need for a room and we ended up getting a decent deal. It is the Hilton, after all. The Front desk staff was excellent: friendly, helpful and quick. The room was also very nice - especially the bed! Honestly the best night's sleep I'd had in a very long time. I wanted to stay a few days just to spend more time sleeping in that awesome bed. The hotel bar is small and dated, but the bartender was great and the prices were reasonable. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was fantastic. Again, we couldn't have asked for better service (and the food was pretty good, too). I would stay here again and I think the excellent service and the nice rooms reflect well on the Hilton brand. I feel that I got what I paid for and more.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Check in desk severely undermanned with priority given to answering phone calls. We had specified a room away from the elevators but were allocated one right next to them, asked for a change of room but were told A) no other family rooms/suites were available and B) all of our family rooms/suites are located next to the elevators. Needless to say....no sleep for any body in our room thanks to the noise of the elevator machinery. We had also asked, at check in at 5pm, for an additional put up bed for our youngest child & agreed the $25 charge - after several calls to reception and two visits to the front desk, one did arrive at 11pm, by which time our son was fast asleep in a chair so we sent it back! Only saving grace in this hotel was the lady in charge of the Hilton Club room on the 15th floor - absolute gem!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
jeff_brinda, General Manager at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences that you experienced.
Our suites were designed to be close to the elevators for ease of access to and from the elevators. I am very sorry that the noise disturbed you.
I am also sorry for the issues regarding our front desk. We have had some new associates at the front desk and we will continue to work on our training. We will share your comments with our Front Office Manager as a training tool.
I am glad that you enjoyed Barbara’s service in our Hilton Honors Lounge. She is truly a tremendous asset for our hotel.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you if you return to St. Petersburg again in the future.
Jeff Brinda
Jeff.Brinda@Hilton.com
Direct Line: 727-825-7001

Reviewed August 5, 2011

An enjoyable stay from start to finish. Our rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. We got in touch with the hotel prior to our holiday to request two rooms on the same floor, as we were travelling with our children. The hotel allocated us interconnecting rooms at no extra cost. The hotel staff were so helpful and friendly. We used this hotel because we were going to the Red Sox games at Tropicana Field and we knew that the hotel had a free shuttle to the matches. So for our holiday it was a perfectly located hotel in St Petersburg.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference this past winter. The warm weather was welcome to me (I flew in from Philadelphia) and I felt a warm welcome from the staff. I was greeted in such a way that I felt comfortable after my long flight just seconds after stepping foot into the hotel. My room was beautifully appointed, spacious and very clean. The conference space was large and very comfortable. The tables were a very appealing metallic that I have not seen before during my other conferences. I especially enjoyed the food during each break as it was well prepared and there were many options. I enjoy having a taste of gourmet and it actually tasting good as not all hotel food does. The Dali Museum was right across the street which gave me something to do in the evening. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit this area again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business