Internet worked well.
Room had a balcony so plenty of fresh air.
Excellent cold AC
Good lighting in room.
If you stay in the tower, do not valet park--the self parking is easy and much closer.
View was not very good--ask for harbor view instead of ocean view (i had ocean view)
The hotel has a sort of old Florida Club feeling to it...affsort of like a somewhat low-rent version of the Breakers in Palm Beach...
The staffers were incredibly friendly and nice...
The front desk attendant got a key and opened up the cafe for me at midnight so i could get some yogurt and cereal...and even soy milk...so that was really nice too.
so, i would say that for this class of hotel it is really a 5 star but in terms of the great great hotels like the One and Only it is really not...but it was fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance