The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
  • Pool
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$120
1,923 results
All reviewstower roomnew towerbeautiful hoteltennis courtsrocking chairsmain buildinghealth cluboriginal buildingbay viewal frescoold world charmfront porchself parklobby barold floridafitness centermuseum of fine arts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2014

While in St Petersburg for our son's birthday, we wanted to experience the city and have a memorable stay. The Vinoy and St Petersburg did not disappoint. One can always stay in a Ritz Carlton, a Hampton, or whatever but the Vinoy was special. The location is perfect and the hotel is a treasure that defines St Petersburg and its history while providing a solid foundation for contemporary resurgence of St Petersburg.From the cordial greeting at the entrance to the front desk staff, the bellman, Ryan, the Navigator, and Jeanette Rivera the Manager,everyone was gracious, professional, and competent. Guest preferences were quickly met by a co-operative, team oriented staff who performed with pride in the Vinoy. An exciting regional ball room dance competition followed by a medical meeting added to the eclectic atmosphere of a classic property in tune with today while revering its past. Perfect location. St Petersburg voters saved the Vinoy and distinguished their city by doing so. Most dning during trip was outside of hotel other than inroom breakfasts which were excellent and timely. We had one late dinner at Marchand's after finding Alfresco's closing. Music was very nice. Menu was same as in room dining which was demeaning to what should and could be finest dining in St. Pete.Although adequate, it does not approach that level. Housekkeeping was thorough and timely. The Vinoy Renaissance Resort is a wonderful experience imbedded in the uniqueness of St. Petersburg. So glad to have chosen the Vinoy and deeply appreciate the accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Can watch the sunrise from bed on the bay side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for reaching out to me on Friday. I am so sorry that I missed you. It was great to read your review of your stay here, and I am thrilled that everything went well. I am certain that your son appreciated your time here, and it was probably quite a relief for you to get some sunshine after all of the snowstorms you've had. I am confident that you will be returning again after such a wonderful visit here to the Vinoy and St. Petersburg, and I will look forward to meeting in person then. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to your visit in the very near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We spent two nights here over Valentine's Day weekend because we were attending a wedding in town. The inside has been renovated, but they did a nice job of maintaining the history of the hotel. Our room had a great view of the marina, was clean and a good size. The only issue we encountered with the room was the mini-bar. For some reason, it was locked so we couldn't get a bottle of water out at midnight. I called the front desk to see if they could unlock it electronically, but they said maintenance had to come up. We didn't want to wait for that, so my mother-in-law went downstairs to get water (theirs was locked in the room next door too). Very strange. Aside from that, we had an enjoyable stay and would return if we found ourselves in the St. Pete area again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Although the building is beautiful and the rooms seem fairly upgraded - what makes this location a perfect getaway is the staff. The location is also really great to unwind, but the staff at this historic hotel makes it worth your while.

Please never change Vinoy.

Stayed: January 2014
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

What a priceless compliment you gave to our staff here at the Vinoy Resort and Golf Club. It is true that our resort is beautiful and the rooms are comfortable, but certainly more important is a friendly team to greet you and serve you. Thank you for pointing this out and for letting us know we are doing a great job. I will be sure to share this with the team! Please come and stay with us again in the very near future. We appreciate you!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed 1 night during a recent trip to FL. Great value and very good service. Great location and good lunch. We ate dinner at the nearby Parkshore Grill which is fabulous. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Wonderful value and great hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martha C

Your positive feedback about your stay at the Vinoy was very much appreciated. Thank you for the kind words, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We are lucky that our guests not only have the choice to dine with us in any of our many restaurants within the resort but also very close by along Beach Drive including Parkshore Grill. A fine choice, and I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable dining experience there. Please join us again!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is the perfect hotel in St Petersburg. The hotel has charm and character without a run down feeling. It is old but in a positive way.

The location is perfect for walking, eating out, boating, and relaxing. Several outdoor seating places to eat are a five minute walk from the front lobby of the hotel.

The large covered front porch is filled with rocking chairs and comfortable seating. A nice outdoor bar is located at one end of the covered porch.

We went on a four person half day fishing trip in the bay. Just a few hours of fun. The best part is the boat picked us up about 100 yards from the hotel.

My room was spacious and clean. Check in was a breeze. The hotel has a nice health club that is included with your stay.

Be sure to walk the entire hotel and grounds. The decor and design is worth taking the time to enjoy.

Room Tip: If you can get a lower floor room in the main building I would recommend it. Then you have an option of taking the stairs. The elevators seemed to be a challenge.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank PH-Travel-Lovers
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Your positive feedback is certainly appreciated. You highlighted all of the wonderful amenities that we take pride in - clean rooms; location; decor; our history; etc. I was also so pleased to know that you took advantage of the Health Club. We've got some great equipment and fitness classes that are all included in your stay here. Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, and I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.