The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed October 3, 2013

For hubby's birthday we took a mini trip to Saint Petersburg and stayed at the Vinoy. Check-in was fast and friendly and for a nominal charge($20) was able to upgrade to a corner room. We had two balconies and the room was huge! May as well have been a suite as we had two queen size beds, a sitting area with couch+2 comfy chairs and tables in front of the entertainment hutch/TV, desk/business area, a wet bar and the bathroom down the hall with 2 closets and a huge double vanity and two comfy bathrobes. Since we had our kids all this space was wonderful and we plan to ask for the same room on our next visit. The grounds are beautiful, from the pool to the mini waterfall to the ping pong table hubby and son decided to use at 2am! There is a beautiful bar in the lobby to the right upon check-in and casual bar by pool. Marchands is beautiful and delicious for both dinner and brunch(endless mimosas for $7!) When we went out with friends, took the advise of staff and ordered pizza from a local joint that delivered all the way to the room, with security, for the kids. All staff was very friendly and outgoing, they were as helpful and attentitive to our children as they were with my husband and I. We will be returning the next time we plan a couple days in saint Pete.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the tower(newer) and ask for a corner. The two balconies had chairs and tables and...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adrian t

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here on the last 4 nights of our holiday to the US. Hotel was beautiful and had been refurbed since my last stay a couple of years ago. Staff at reception were excellent and pleasant to deal with. Rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable with mini bar, bath robes etc which all add to the hotel experience. On the down side, the expectation at the hotel seems to be that you spend plenty while you're there and if you don't you get the impression that some of the staff look down their nose at you. If you can get over that, your stay will definately be a great one. Pool and bar staff were very good.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife & I wanted a quick getaway, so we stayed at the Vinoy for a few days. We own a bar/restaurant in Ft Lauderdale, so we know what great service is supposed to look like. It looks like Shantell. Friendly, outgoing, & knowledgable, we truly enjoyed our time with her. And thanks for your special drink recipe!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had been looking forward to our stay at the Vinoy and in many ways I wasn't disappointed. The hotel has a lovely history and the interior renovation is gorgeous. Our room was spacious with a balcony that overlooked the pool and marina. Bed was comfy, towels were fluffy. We swam in the pool (nice poolside service) and had an after dinner drink in the bar. Bartender was good. Breakfast is served until 11:30 -- a nice touch -- and my spouse had a unique Cuban eggs Benedict. We enjoyed The corridor that chronicles the hotel's history. There are many restaurants and a couple of museums within walking distance. The negatives? I get angry when I have to pay $10 for wi-fi, especially as a Marriott elite member. I also get angry when my "guaranteed late check-out" status is unavailable or minimized. Otherwise, my review would be five stars. I would have appreciated a couple more nights and days to hang out here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveltexasstyle
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been staying at the Vinoy on business every year for the past 8 years. This year, my reservation was "lost" and I was not even in the system (although I had a confirmation #). John, the Senior Desk Staff Member worked tirelessly to try to work out the problem. He was able to secure a room for me the first night, but the hotel was booked solid the remaining 3 nights. He put me on top of the list for any cancellations, and also upgraded my room. He alerted the morning staff of the situation and the problem was solved. Not only was I able to stay for the entire 4 nights, but I was able to stay in the same room. The Vinoy rose to the occasion in customer service and caring about their customers.

Room Tip: Request Bay view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LoisandAllen
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay at the Vinoy. It was so nice to read of your visit and how much you enjoyed yourselves. It was good to know that John from our Front Desk was able to get your situation resolved for you. I will be sure to thank John for his efficient manner. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Vinoy at some point down the road. Thank you again for the positive review.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Historic property, old Florida charm. Rooms clean, comfortable, nicely decorated. Pool is fine but much smaller than I thought it would be and it was pretty noisy with family travelers. (It wasn't what I would personally call relaxing, but the families looked like they were having fun.) The location is ideal, near the waterfront, shopping and restaurants. Front porch is pleasant when it's cooler. Staff are average, polite but not out-of-the-way friendly or accommodating. Overall an enjoyable stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank natemalter
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and found most of the staff very helpful. We loved the location for access to restaurants, shopping, walking along the bay and people watching. This is a Marriott property, but if you are expecting typical elite member amenities they are not all available. (No concierge level for example). We had some issues with room service - did not receive what we ordered (fried fish instead of grilled, missing sides) but it was too late to have the order corrected.

Room Tip: Front gives you a water view, which is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat N
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Vinoy Resort and Golf Club. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your return in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Petersburg
Hollander Hotel
Hollander Hotel
#2 of 43 in St. Petersburg
Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown

Been to The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!