“Beautiful and comfortable Old Florida gem”

The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had been looking forward to our stay at the Vinoy and in many ways I wasn't disappointed. The hotel has a lovely history and the interior renovation is gorgeous. Our room was spacious with a balcony that overlooked the pool and marina. Bed was comfy, towels were fluffy. We swam in the pool (nice poolside service) and had an after dinner drink in the bar. Bartender was good. Breakfast is served until 11:30 -- a nice touch -- and my spouse had a unique Cuban eggs Benedict. We enjoyed The corridor that chronicles the hotel's history. There are many restaurants and a couple of museums within walking distance. The negatives? I get angry when I have to pay $10 for wi-fi, especially as a Marriott elite member. I also get angry when my "guaranteed late check-out" status is unavailable or minimized. Otherwise, my review would be five stars. I would have appreciated a couple more nights and days to hang out here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveltexasstyle
Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been staying at the Vinoy on business every year for the past 8 years. This year, my reservation was "lost" and I was not even in the system (although I had a confirmation #). John, the Senior Desk Staff Member worked tirelessly to try to work out the problem. He was able to secure a room for me the first night, but the hotel was booked solid the remaining 3 nights. He put me on top of the list for any cancellations, and also upgraded my room. He alerted the morning staff of the situation and the problem was solved. Not only was I able to stay for the entire 4 nights, but I was able to stay in the same room. The Vinoy rose to the occasion in customer service and caring about their customers.

Room Tip: Request Bay view
1  Thank LoisandAllen
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay at the Vinoy. It was so nice to read of your visit and how much you enjoyed yourselves. It was good to know that John from our Front Desk was able to get your situation resolved for you. I will be sure to thank John for his efficient manner. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Vinoy at some point down the road. Thank you again for the positive review.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Historic property, old Florida charm. Rooms clean, comfortable, nicely decorated. Pool is fine but much smaller than I thought it would be and it was pretty noisy with family travelers. (It wasn't what I would personally call relaxing, but the families looked like they were having fun.) The location is ideal, near the waterfront, shopping and restaurants. Front porch is pleasant when it's cooler. Staff are average, polite but not out-of-the-way friendly or accommodating. Overall an enjoyable stay and I would stay here again.

1  Thank natemalter
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and found most of the staff very helpful. We loved the location for access to restaurants, shopping, walking along the bay and people watching. This is a Marriott property, but if you are expecting typical elite member amenities they are not all available. (No concierge level for example). We had some issues with room service - did not receive what we ordered (fried fish instead of grilled, missing sides) but it was too late to have the order corrected.

Room Tip: Front gives you a water view, which is gorgeous.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat N
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Vinoy Resort and Golf Club. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Vinoy resort is a very nice resort with great location by the bay/marina. Relaxing pool areas, as well as front patio bar area. Great resort for a getaway. The service is like most places, all depends which employees tend to you, for the most part it was great.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is beautiful...wonderful front patio to sit and enjoy the beautiful view of the water and park. Hotel rooms are great....comfortable beds and bedding. Beautiful pool, waterfall, fountain and lots of areas to just sit and enjoy. All of the staff are polite and kind. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Angie M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is the second year for my birthday we have stayed here. We used to live in St. Pete and we stay at the Vinoy for the convenience. We have friends come and we get to visit all the shops, restaurants and bars.. All within walking distance of the hotel. The spa is wonderful. The Alfresco is a nice little place by the pool with good food and drinks.

Room Tip: View of the bay higher floors with balcony. They have hot tubs on lower floor but our experience wit...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown
Avalon Hotel
Avalon Hotel
#1 of 43 in St. Petersburg

Been to The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!