The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
$174
  • Breakfast included
$152
Staybridge.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$97
La Quinta
$188
$167
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Pool
$102
$103
1,935 results
All reviewstower roomnew towerbeautiful hoteltennis courtsrocking chairsmain buildinghealth cluboriginal buildingbay viewal frescoold world charmfront porchself parklobby barold floridafitness centermuseum of fine arts
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We reserved the baseball package, which included r/t transportation to Tropicana Field for the Rays game, seat cushions and snacks, and breakfast the next morning.
We arrived early - around 1:30pm. We were given our room, along with the package amenities. Check-in was easy and quick. The room was very nice - typical king bedded room, decent size, and very nice bathroom.
We sat at the pool, and received great service from Matt.
Then we decided to go to Marchand's to have a quick drink and bite to eat before the game.
Our anniversary was the day before. I casually mentioned it to Josh, one of the bartenders. He and bartender James sprung into action. Champagne and signature "Happy Anniversary" desserts came shortly thereafter.
We were blown away. We ended up staying at the bar and watching the game on their TV.
Breakfast the next morning was amazing. Again in Marchands, we ordered pancakes. Our waiter Pedro convincingly coerced us into ordering their signature french toast instead. Holy smokes! It was the best breakfast ever. We are making more reservations at this wonderful hotel. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

From the anniversary surprise from our staff of champagne and dessert to the best french toast around, it sounded like your stay and anniversary celebration were perfect. Glad to know that you enjoyed your visit, and we can't wait for your return! Sounds just like your review title - a complete delight.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed one night at the hotel for business. Excellent check in services. Had pre and post dinner cocktail at each of the two nice lobby bars. Had phenomenal shrimp cocktail at the casual dining restaurant near the tennis courts and pool. Room was in great shape. Valet parking was friendly and responsive. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanks for sharing your love of our shrimp cocktail at Alfresco, our casual, poolside restaurant. I'll be sure to let our chef know. As you know, Alfresco has a variety of sandwiches, salads, specialty cocktails and a great poolside view. Join us again in the future for Happy Hour and enjoy a shrimp cocktail or two.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The best thing about the hotel is the friendly and helpful staff. Next is the lovely setting, a place for Gatsby. My room was large and quiet, the bed firm as I like it and I slept fairly well there. The coffee shop has Illy coffee and lots of baked goods and the in-room coffee was also fine. There were some negatives, though: hot water was not quick, and I was even advised to run the tap for ten minutes. The pillows were way too soft, the food at the hotel indifferent. I also noticed odd signs of wear in the elevators, on the lock plate and elsewhere that undercut the elegance, and the desk chair was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever had at a hotel. Impossible to work at that desk. Worst of all, WiFi is $14.95 a night. Seriously? I've stayed at dozens of hotels here and abroad where it was free. It's tacky to charge that much. Oh, and why doesn't someone put chairs at the station in the lobby where you print your boarding passes? People contorted themselves to work at those PCs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

So glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and appreciated your kind words about our staff's service, your room accommodations, and the offerings in the coffee shop. I appreciated you mentioning the water flow and will be sure to mention this to our Engineering Department. I can appreciate your comment about the Wi-Fi, but wanted to let you know that we charge for Internet and Wi-Fi in the rooms in order to pay both for the high-speed internet access and the maintenance on the equipment used to deliver it. I'm happy to say that we do offer FREE Wi-Fi in our lobby so that is always an option for you on your next visit if you needed to check your email or a web site. Please come to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Vinoy resort for a 3 night stay. Firstly, let me say that the resort is absolutely stunning. The hotel features have been preserved beautifully. The hotel lobby is spectacular, with great attention to detail in the library areas. Check-in was efficient. We were shown to our room (standard room) which had a partial view of the bay. The room was spacious and clean. The gym was great - a huge space with lots of equipment and people on hand to assist. One of the best hotel gyms I've seen.
We treated ourselves to a light breakfast in the cafe area of the hotel - let me just say that I had the best yogurt and berry parfait ever!
Unfortunately I think that the housekeeping let the hotel down. I was disappointed with the level of servicing, especially from such a prestigious hotel. The servicing lacked attention to detail (bed was not made properly, rubbish bins were not emptied).
We phoned housekeeping one evening to request non-allergenic pillows. Unfortunately we had to wait for over an hour for the pillows to be delivered. Not quite what I was expecting.
Overall, this is a lovely hotel, but I think that the finer points just need to be reviewed. Then, this place will be truly great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review pointing out both the positives and the constructive criticisms of your stay here at the Vinoy Resort and Golf Club. Appreciate the compliment about the lobby cafe's yogurt and berry parfait (agreed that it is delicious!) and about our gym being the best you have seen. We just upgraded with equipment so it's a great asset to our property. I will be sure to follow up with our Housekeeping team. They always take such pride in their guest rooms, so I was disappointed to read your comments. Their focus needs to remain consistent so thank you for your comments. Visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The room we has was spacious with double sink bathroom, luscious robes, fabulous comfy beds, and the restaurant was delicious! The front area has these great rocking chairs and live music with food and bar service - valets were awesome - I will go back!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Cathy D
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and especially loved the restaurant and sitting on the front veranda rocking chairs. Those are the number one seats in the resort! Guests love to enjoy a morning cup of coffee as the sun rises or end the day with a cocktail as they watch guests come and go. Glad that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.