We had booked a five night 'special romance package' with the Vinoy which included valet parking. We arrived at 15.30 but were told the room wasn't ready until at least 16.00. We booked in and were given a drinks voucher for $25 which was unexpected and a nice gesture. The room was in the old building and overlooked the Bay. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The website does say this room type has twin vanities (sinks - UK) and doesn't have any communicating doors!! Room 549 had one sink and door! We had dinner in Marchants which was very good. The food was excellent. We would advise not booking this hotel at weekends because it's extremely busy with conferences, weddings, dinner etc. It was quite noisy until late!
Breakfast was included in our package. We ordered cereal and fruit and eggs etc . After a long wait it all arrived together!!! You have to say you want it course by course!! You have to be very patient at breakfast because service is so slow and frustrating!
Our package included a bottle of champagne. We decided to enjoy it on the veranda early one evening. It arrived with some melted chocolate and strawberries.The waiter opened the bottle and we enjoyed a couple of glasses. When my husband looked at the bottle it wasn't Champagne but Cava which was half the price!! When we mentioned this nothing was done. Eventually, when we were paying the bill, two days later, we mentioned it again and the gentleman on reception seemed surprised that we hadn't heard from anyone. He told us to leave it with him and by the time we returned to our room the phone was ringing. It was the restaurant manager and he was extremely apologetic about the mix-up. He knocked the $40 charge off our bill (the cheapest champagne was $80 ) and invited us to have lunch on the hotel. He came down and introduced himself while we were there.
Our room wasn't serviced on our last full day and when I went to the desk at 3pm the guy at reception told me that housekeeping were there until 5pm so not to worry!!!! That's not good enough!
There's piped music everywhere - no peace!
There is a good pool and excellent gym - both can get quite busy.
When the bill arrived it was incorrect. Watch the charges for Wifi. It's free in the lobby, garden and pool area.
All the staff from the car valet boys upwards were very good - thank you.
Would we stay again - I'm not sure. It was too much of a hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance