Stayed at the Renaissance Vinoy over Memorial Day weekend and booked using airline miles. Overall, it's an excellent property and location and made for a very fun and relaxing weekend.
ROOMS: The rooms were pretty standard - a massive bed and clean and decently sized room with a desk and bathroom for two, though not much extra living space. We had a view of concrete, but it didn't bother us.
SERVICE: I have no complaints about housekeeping, though the mini bar is the kind that automatically charges you when you remove an item and we had mischarges because there were extra, non-mini bar items crammed in there that we tried to move around to close the fridge. However, they easily fixed it at the front desk upon check out.
LOCATION: The location cannot be beat. You're literally right on the marina, in downtown St. Petersburg near a multitude of restaurants, bars, shops, and cultural attractions, including about 15 minutes by foot to the Dali Museum. It's about a 20-25 minute drive (even on the holiday weekend) to beautiful St. Pete Beach, and it was nice to be able to come back to our hotel, away from the sand and sun, and walk to nightlife in the evening. (I believe you can also take the trolley to the beach, too, and there's a stop right outside the hotel.) Though the beach is amazing, I definitely preferred this location.
PROPERTY: The hotel has a few restaurants and bars, including a lovely porch bar out front and a coffee shop that serves Illy, and a large pool and fitness room. We didn't use many of these amenities, however, mainly because we went to the beach, but also, it was EXTREMELY crowded. I think I counted about 6 or 8 weddings, at least, over the course of the weekend. This didn't cause any problems for us, though the pool was packed and at times some of the restaurants were closed for private receptions. This could bother some people, but it didn't bother us.
Overall, it was a great stay and I'm eager to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Bayfront Resort comprising restored Vinoy Park Hotel & Tower (1992). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelPower, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort And Golf Club Hotel St. Petersburg
- Renaissance Vinoy Hotel
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Renaissance